Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2013, 06:55 PM
Top Prospect

Default How do you guys plan your WC loops in terms of fittings?

Hey guys. So Ill be using Bitspower Matte Black fittings (would use Carbon Black but they're not available in the US).

I will be using Primochill Primoflex Advanced LRT clear tubing, as well as Mayhem's Blue Berry Pastel coolant (not a dye).

How do you guys go about planning your WC loops in terms of how you guys set up the fittings? Im trying to visualize how I want my loop to look, but since it's my first time, Id like some insight.

What are some do's and don'ts with fittings, what would you guys recommend?
Old March 25, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

45 and 90 degrees rotary are real useful in tight cases. the rotary gives you play in your loop.
Its always nice to have fitting and not need them all.
Old March 25, 2013, 07:16 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I bought like 6- 4 pack 360 degree 45' compression elbows plus a few extensions when I did mine. 2 make a 90' plus swivel or just 45's on there own idea. Extensions used so in/outputs on the rad didn't hit each other idea when leaving horizontally. Plus had straight compression fitting from original kit. One rad you'd need less though. If you draw out your loop front and top view idea it would give you a better idea of the fittings you need.

Last edited by nasrott; March 25, 2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old March 25, 2013, 08:27 PM

My System Specs

In a perfect world you would have all your hardware before you buy the fittings.

Always buy one or two more than you think you'll need. It would be a good idea to buy a couple more 90 degree rotaries than you think you'll need. Now saying that you likely don't NEED rotaries at all. I really don't get the current trend of 45 degree rotaries all over the place. Things tend to look cleaner w/o them. With a pot of hot water and some rope you can get some great bends out of tubing. Sleeving Discussion & Gallery thread
Old March 25, 2013, 08:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Was wondering how you did that, thx lowfat, love the sleeving over the tubbng.
Old March 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
Top Prospect

I want a very clean looking loop, no ridiculously long routes, great circular bends. Some people go crazy and it looks terrible.

Last edited by Reaper2794; March 25, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old March 26, 2013, 07:46 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

For my first watercooling build, I bought all the hardware first and a small amount of fittings so I could test fit and visualize how the tube bends were going to go.
Then, I made a second order with all the fittings needed.
It is hard to know what fittings you'll need until you have tried bending the tube with fittings attached to components.
Old March 26, 2013, 10:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

this is a no no..... using a 90 elbow on pump suction port
Old March 26, 2013, 04:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I like my angled adapters, better than angled compressions IMO. Boiling and bending doesn't always cut it. Primochill Advanced isn't as bendy as their pro variety. As mentioned always get more fittings than what you think you will need, and a good tube cutter is your friend. Lastly, as long your reservoir is placed before your pump, do what you want.
Old March 26, 2013, 06:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I usually get stupid drunk and just smash shit into the case.... but before I do that I plan it out with sketchup and then dry fit everything.. then resort to my first statement