Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect

What do you mean Raystorm custom system?
Old March 24, 2013, 07:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Bought my stuff as a complete kit from Daz, fitting, rad, tubing, res, additive and pump. Added the vid block and second rad later. Is basically a raystorm system with tubing and fitting ready to go, with a tank res combo added to the pump. Is an option on his site. U choose the colour and size of tubing and fittings also rad size and he the completes the kit idea.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Well friend, I've been watercooling for the last 3 years, and I've changed through 9 different chassis and lots of other parts in that time. I'm only trying to help, not hinder, your experience. Distilled will also cool better than any pre-mix.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:24 PM
Top Prospect

I do know the distilled water will be better performance wise, but I am going for the looks. It is a mod project, and it's with an NZXT Phantom 630. The performance isn't a huge deal, and I don't mind cleaning it.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ek makes the fancier looking stuff compared to xspc and also has performance albeit at more cost though than xspc. If for looks than would say be shopping for EK. Here's a pic of the ugly uv tubing and a raystorm block and pump/res http://69.90.34.185/nas/20.jpg
Old March 24, 2013, 09:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The D5 is a good solid pump quite and reliable but the top you picked is ugly IMO EK bubble wrap does nothing for me and to be honest I just don't like EK's ethics or practices so I refuse to buy anything of theirs , since you are going blue berry I would get the Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Extreme Pump Mod Top V2

I only mentioned the coolant because I have used a few different ones in the past and they all had the same results a build up of gunk so I just can't be bothered with it any more and besides nothing is wetter then water...

Old March 24, 2013, 09:30 PM

My System Specs

The blocks in the MurderBox are EK, but blocks that EK no longer manufacturers.

The XSPC radiators are fine.

The rest of the hardware seems fine.

Also nothing wrong w/ Mayhems dyes. I know I use stronger dyes than pretty much anyone (4 entire bottles of dye in some of my builds) and it has broke down once, which was caused by adding copper sulphate to my loop. Stick to silver for a biocide and you'll be fine.

It is tubing that is the cause of gunking in loops. As the plasticizer leeches it deposits the plasticizer in the blocks. People believe it is the dye because the gunk ends up getting dyed by the coolant.
Old March 24, 2013, 10:09 PM
Top Prospect

Yeah I believe the Advanced LRT Tubing does not have plasticizer, I could be wrong. It seems to be the best clear tubing out there.

Im not a fan of EKWB business practices and attitude either, but the problem with the WB market is that there isn't a lot of variety. A lot of these companies such as Alphacool, Koolance, etc etc, the parts may PERFORM well, but aesthetically they suck. I don't want a robotic looking or copper colored part in my system. I don't like that look what so ever. The ONLY clear waterblocks out there are the EK ones, and the pump top as well.

I'm not gonna spend hundreds on watercooling and get a shtty looking system. I don't know why people praise 95% of the builds online, it's gonna sound mean but 95% of em lack aesthetic quality and design, nothing wrong with showing it off necessarily, it just doesn't feel to me like there's much that's special.

For my system I'm going for a unique unmatched look, I know not everyone cares bout aesthetics, but some do, I mean the builds on MDPC aren't there for no reason after all, and the mod of the month projects and what not. I just really don't like a lot of the manufacturers in the WC industry.
Old March 25, 2013, 05:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper2794 View Post
The ONLY clear waterblocks out there are the EK ones, and the pump top as well.
Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Intel LGA Series - Clear Acrylic (BP-WBCPUIAC-CUMBKCL) - FrozenCPU.com

They also make semi coloured acrylic CPU blocks.

Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Extreme Pump Mod Top V2 - Acrylic - Black (BP-D5TOPAC2EX-BK) - FrozenCPU.com

Bitspower makes 7 other acrylic D5 tops.

Hope this helps.
Old March 25, 2013, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

The only clear VGA blocks, not CPU. As you can see I have picked the Raystorm for that which is not really clear.