Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2013, 01:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default weird metal sound inside new RAD RX360

I bought a new kit XSPC RX360, and while I was flushing it, there is weird sound rattling when shaking it with water, or should I say sounded like pieces of metal inside and moving from side to side. (only when filled with water)

the water that comes out it, is clean after flushing it with distilled water 3 times and 2 times with hot water after leaving it for like 3 hours.

is this normal? sorry for the crappy video, but you can hear the sound of it clearly

video on YouTube

eBay: kalsharabi - HeatWare: LegendMask - HWC: LegendMask
Old March 24, 2013, 05:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Definitely NOT normal, I ran a RX 360 rad for two years, all I heard was the pump and slight trickle sounds from the water flowing, both were just louder then a HDD.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

sounds if your punking us with that video

if anything mite be some solder beads

if your hearing that sound when mounted an in use, means NOT ENOUGH FLUID in loop

when bleeding have the res @ highest point of loop

take a video of rad in operation in your system
Old March 24, 2013, 08:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

@ Adzsask, thanks for your reply, I already e-mailed Dazmode and waiting for their response. As Im not sure what is it exactly.

@KaptCrunch, you caught me!! you are the MAN!!

Seriously do people just post random things this days? on a serious note as I mentioned in the first post Im flushing the rad (still new and havent installed it yet), and some members know its my first time dealing with custom water cooling thats why Im asking in the first place.

I had the time to flush my rad, while Im waiting for the rest of my parts to be delivered. And the sound doesnt show up, unless there is a water inside. Will try to fill it up all the way now, and see if the sound still exist.

Regardless thanks for your reply.

Old March 24, 2013, 08:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
sounds if your punking us with that video

if anything mite be some solder beads

if your hearing that sound when mounted an in use, means NOT ENOUGH FLUID in loop

when bleeding have the res @ highest point of loop

take a video of rad in operation in your system
its definitely solder beads and I would be worried about a poor solder joint or clogging flow...

Edit: thats odd that it only makes the sound when full ? I've flushed lots of rads and never heard anything metallic in them...
Old March 24, 2013, 08:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Test done, this time I filled it up all the way and tried to shake it and take the air out of it, as much as I can and fill it up all the way.

surprisingly 90% of the sound is gone, and what is left is probably some air stuck inside, and my guess all that sound was of the water hitting the metal side inside the rad. Worse case scenario, is since its fully filled with water the piece of metal is not moving as quick as before??? LoL

I guess those moments are what we cool "NOOB" mistakes.

Old March 24, 2013, 08:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendMask View Post
Test done, this time I filled it up all the way and tried to shake it and take the air out of it, as much as I can and fill it up all the way.

surprisingly 90% of the sound is gone, and what is left is probably some air stuck inside, and my guess all that sound was of the water hitting the metal side inside the rad. Worse case scenario, is since its fully filled with water the piece of metal is not moving as quick as before??? LoL

I guess those moments are what we cool "NOOB" mistakes.
Not so much as a noob mistake but more like over cautious....

I would still fill and empty it a few times and shake the crap out of it to be sure... but that is me being over cautions....
Old March 24, 2013, 08:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
Not so much as a noob mistake but more like over cautious....

I would still fill and empty it a few times and shake the crap out of it to be sure... but that is me being over cautions....
LoL, thanks and for sure will flush the crap out of it, just to feel safe. Im searching for flow meter right now, might add it just to put my mind on ease and keep an eye on it.

Old March 24, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default for 100% bleeding 2 persons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendMask View Post
@ Adzsask, thanks for your reply, I already e-mailed Dazmode and waiting for their response. As Im not sure what is it exactly.

@KaptCrunch, you caught me!! you are the MAN!!

Seriously do people just post random things this days? on a serious note as I mentioned in the first post Im flushing the rad (still new and havent installed it yet), and some members know its my first time dealing with custom water cooling thats why Im asking in the first place.

I had the time to flush my rad, while Im waiting for the rest of my parts to be delivered. And the sound doesnt show up, unless there is a water inside. Will try to fill it up all the way now, and see if the sound still exist.

Regardless thanks for your reply.
when bleeding have 2 people and long hoses on the res while one holds res above case @ all times

so you can flip/roll case and air pockets out of loop to the RES

its like the ball bearing in A maze PUZZLE

air bubbles = BALL BEARING in loop bring them to the res

as bubbles get vented the fluid level drops

when done pinch hose on both sides of trim cut (using needle nose vicegrips)

then remove hose off res and place trimmed hose on to where your mounting res
Attached Images

Old March 24, 2013, 10:59 AM
Rookie

Good advice
i7 3770K, 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2X4GB Patriot Viper Black Mamba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs RAID 0,2 Barracuda 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Windows 7 X64 Pro, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
Cooling: TC PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, EK Supremacy, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X