Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Corsair Hydro H90 & H110 Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/60037-corsair-hydro-h90-h110-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL March 5, 2013 06:40 PM

Corsair Hydro H90 & H110 Review Comment Thread

The All in One water cooling market's move towards 140mm form factors has been a tentative one but with their new Hydro H90 and H110, Corsair is plunging in head first. Both offer different performance levels, sizes and price points and are ultimately supposed to combat NZXT's successful Kraken series.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...rs-review.html

:thumb:

yycraven March 5, 2013 06:49 PM

Great review AKG, they look good, but I wonder how it compares to the Swiftech H220. Do you know if you will be reviewing that unit and comparing.

AkG March 5, 2013 07:30 PM

Thank you. While it may have come across as harsh from time to time in the review, both of these units are still good kit. With just a little bit of tweaking /cough 'i' model /cough both could easily be best in class like most of the other Hydro series are.

At this time I have no details on any Swiftech gear coming my way. Considering how far in the future I usually schedule reviews I doubt one will be forthcoming any time soon. Sorry.

JayDeeHobbit March 6, 2013 04:27 AM

Thanks for the review AKG!
I just bought a H100i (I'll have it next week... I hope...) so I just wanted to see what Corsair was up to with their new stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 694611)
At this time I have no details on any Swiftech gear coming my way. Considering how far in the future I usually schedule reviews I doubt one will be forthcoming any time soon. Sorry.

Haha this gave me a chuckle... Straight up 0% BS answer. :thumb:

SKYMTL March 6, 2013 05:41 AM

I can confirm that Swiftech is not on the review schedule.

Soultribunal March 6, 2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit (Post 694666)
Thanks for the review AKG!
I just bought a H100i (I'll have it next week... I hope...) so I just wanted to see what Corsair was up to with their new stuff.

Haha this gave me a chuckle... Straight up 0% BS answer. :thumb:

And I doubt it is for lack of trying either to get a Review unit.
A Shame that nothing is forthcomming but those are the breaks sometimes.

Good Job nonetheless on the review. Makes me happy that the Kraken was more refined from the start vs this unit even though they share OEM's.
Corsair really needs to standardize their product lineup in regards to the AIO and just make them all (i) models and be done with it.
Having two of the same thing released later makes the first launch feel rushed.

-ST

ipaine March 6, 2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 694611)
Thank you. While it may have come across as harsh from time to time in the review, both of these units are still good kit. With just a little bit of tweaking /cough 'i' model /cough both could easily be best in class like most of the other Hydro series are.

Don't worry about being harsh. I mean I really like my H100 and would love to get that H100i if I needed a new one, but I would not get this one. As you said if this was an i model, then I would seriously be considering it. They should have basically taken the H100i and changed the rad and fans. They should have left the link control and things like the magnetic mounting. And those features to the 280mm rad and you could easily have had a winner.

great_big_abyss March 6, 2013 06:25 AM

I'm sure there was nothing preventing Corsair from making (i) models right off the hop. Instead they decide to milk it with an inferior product launch now, then a better one later when they release their (i) series H90 and H110. I forsee them losing sales to the Kraken until they decide to revamp their lineup.

stoanee March 6, 2013 06:30 AM

Seriously, all the new AIO's are good kit. I find it odd though that Corsair had the opportunity to curb stomp the competition, and did not do it. Sooner or later someone will put together the magical combination of rad+hoses+fans+attachment hardware+software and gain market share like crazy.

AkG March 6, 2013 07:20 AM

The funny thing is...the magical combination already exists. Its not magical at all. You just throw more cooling power at the problem than anyone has to date.

Take a 280 double thick copper rad w/ moderate FPI, pair it with a high performance block, use thick...long hoses, integrate a fan controller and use four NZXT 140LB 'type' fans (ie 2K rpm, fdb bearing 140mm fans with 2+mm of static pressure). It really is not rocket science. I think what is holding it back would be the price of such a beast. THAT is the killer and what is stopping it from existing right now.