Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2013, 11:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
The funny thing is...the magical combination already exists. Its not magical at all. You just throw more cooling power at the problem than anyone has to date.

Take a 280 double thick copper rad w/ moderate FPI, pair it with a high performance block, use thick...long hoses, integrate a fan controller and use four NZXT 140LB 'type' fans (ie 2K rpm, fdb bearing 140mm fans with 2+mm of static pressure). It really is not rocket science. I think what is holding it back would be the price of such a beast. THAT is the killer and what is stopping it from existing right now.
Yeah those 140's can be monsters if you double the thickness and halve the density. Would make for something that would start bordering on custom. And lets face it AIO is becomming increasingly popular so it should come to pass eventually.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com