Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Primochill sysprep: Worth trying? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/59977-primochill-sysprep-worth-trying.html)

G777 March 2, 2013 12:21 PM

Primochill sysprep: Worth trying?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all, planning on redoing the tubing in my loop and purchased 10' of primochill's advanced LRT tubing.

To my surprise it came with a small bottle of something called 'sysprep', intended to be used to help clean your loop while flushing.

Anyone here have any experience with this product they'd like to share?

Thanks!

Lpfan4ever March 2, 2013 12:47 PM

I didn't use mine, I don't really even know what it is. All I can say is watch your bends really carefully with that tubing. Mine collapsed in two weeks with a very minor curve to it.

JD March 2, 2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever (Post 693903)
I didn't use mine, I don't really even know what it is. All I can say is watch your bends really carefully with that tubing. Mine collapsed in two weeks with a very minor curve to it.

Maybe it collapsed because you didn't use the sysprep? :haha:

yycraven March 2, 2013 01:33 PM

I hope this helps.
PC-SPREP

KaptCrunch March 2, 2013 02:53 PM

lol shelf life 2 years bet isn't any dates on the bottle

KaptCrunch March 2, 2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 693907)

shock load the loop to remove plaasticizers

G777 March 2, 2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptCrunch (Post 693921)
lol shelf life 2 years bet isn't any dates on the bottle

Actually there is, I know the pic is fuzzy but the third line from the bottom says Run Date 12/04/12.

sourthings March 2, 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever (Post 693903)

Really ? Man, that sounds not good at all for tubing to fold in like that so quickly...

Lpfan4ever March 2, 2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 693907)

Hardy har har :bleh: Everything had just been flushed out about a month before I got that tubing, so I didn't wanna go through that hassle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourthings (Post 693988)
Really ? Man, that sounds not good at all for tubing to fold in like that so quickly...

It's entirely possible I got a bad batch, or it was just that section of tubing. So far the rest of it in my loop is alright, but I'm still not planning to go with Primochill for my next purchase.

Rollergold March 3, 2013 01:13 AM

Never used the sysprep . I'm no fan of the Advanced LRT tubing at least in the 5/8 OD 3/8 ID size however. Had to dip the tubing in boiling water for over 5 min to even think about getting that stuff over the barbs on my Swiftech Lok-Seal compression fittings. Getting the compression collar screwed down; HA that was 100% impossible to even get the collar's own threads to start connecting with the threads on the barb using my hands, LET ALONE actually getting the collar screwed down. Maybe I too got a bad batch but I'm not impressed with the advanced LRT tubing