Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Linus [NCIX} has a Swiftech video review. I think it was here at HC somewhere.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 1, 2013, 02:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Again I think they are off the mark... $20 for the corsair with 3 more years warranty, quieter and better performance and an integrated fan controller.. no comparison for me.
If you can afford to drop $100 on a cooler the extra $20 for the above is well worth it IMO.

The rubber for the rad mounting as a good idea though and would be great to see it in other coolers.
Old March 1, 2013, 10:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Again I think they are off the mark... $20 for the corsair with 3 more years warranty, quieter and better performance and an integrated fan controller.. no comparison for me.
If you can afford to drop $100 on a cooler the extra $20 for the above is well worth it IMO.

The rubber for the rad mounting as a good idea though and would be great to see it in other coolers.
The nice thing as well with the Corsair VS the Antec / CM....is if the Corsair one deep sixes something on your rig, you're covered.

Not too sure if Antec or CM would step up to the plate for that.

Would be nice if all the AIO manus went that route though.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 1, 2013, 11:19 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Cooler Master is a teir 1 company so I doubt they wouldnt cover you. Might take some pushing but I dont see leak damage / worst case doomsday scenario coverage to be a problem. NZXT, CM, Corsair, Antec. Honestly dont see it being a prob with any of them. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 1, 2013, 12:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't know whats wrong with me, but everytime I read any HWC review, I hear Dimitri's voice.

sorry AKG, stellar review nonetheless. :)
Old March 1, 2013, 12:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Cooler Master is a teir 1 company so I doubt they wouldnt cover you. Might take some pushing but I dont see leak damage / worst case doomsday scenario coverage to be a problem. NZXT, CM, Corsair, Antec. Honestly dont see it being a prob with any of them. :)
Yeah the only issue I have with that AkG, is Corsair I believe lists that right in there warranty.
You shouldn't have to fight a Tier 1 company to cover it. If its going to be covered make it up front in the warranty. YMMV.

I'm not doubting that they wouldn't but its a process thing.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com