Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2013, 02:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

AP-15's are good, but for the same price you could get an Akasa Apache which is a PWM and quite a bit quieter, although your temps will go up by 1-2c
And just to mix things up another choice could be Aerocool sharks, they are pretty damn good at what the do aswell.
Old March 4, 2013, 05:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Here's a thought. A high static pressure fan does no good on the pull side in a push pull configuration. Better off with a high cfm fan on the pull side I think.
won't be doing push+pull.... i was going to put them in pull only because i've been told it doens't make any difference between push and pull and pull is easier to clean dust from :)
Old March 4, 2013, 06:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

It doesn't really make a difference, maybe 1-2c.

Remember if a fan has high static pressure, meaning the air blowing out of the fan has a High/Positive pressure, then the air on the other side of the fan will have low/negative pressure.

High pressure and Low pressure always try to balance each other out, so the air being drawn in should have roughly the same CFM and static pressure as whats coming out the other end.

Its basically the same principle a Vacuum works on, just hope i explained it properly and don't sound like an idiot
Old March 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default fans

I love these ones, 25mm depth, as good as 38mm depth fans..

XSPC RASA RAYSTORM KIT SLEEVED FAN - 1650RPM 63CFM 29 dBa