Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2013, 09:23 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Nope....atleast with my early HAF-X model it is NOT compatible. You will have to ask CM for an offical answer but based on my sample size of ONE...its not compatible without modding it. The HAFX uses 120mm fan brackets...which make it 'interesting' to use for the 140mm rads.

YMMV...but when in doubt as the mfg'er of the case. They have the final say on things and CM are good peeps to deal with. IF they give you the run around...ask about the H110. It may use different offsets BUT it is a dual 140mm AIO that CM makes. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 14, 2013, 01:25 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
Quick question before I buy the X60, it is compatable with the HAFX for top mount? NZXT instructions for compatability are confusing.
It isn't natively compatible with the HAFX, as far as I can tell. Since it uses 230mm fans up top. I don't think there's brackets for 140mm fans up there.
Old September 30, 2014, 12:15 PM
Rookie

Apologies for digging up an old thread, however I joined as I wanted to share my experience with the product and the company. I'll be blunt and to the point.

The company lie about case compatibility. Their head of Tech Support has stated in an email to me they do not test these on any cases but their own. This makes their compatibility list totally false as I found out a few months ago. I am using an X40.

I have a Corsair Carbide 500R and their compat guide states rear placement. Their head of tech stated in an email to me he had the case in front of him, and it fits fine. It took me sending him a video and photos to admit he had 'got it wrong' and that it doesnt fit. They have offered no compensation, and advised me to chop my case up to make it fit. I based my purchase of my current case on the statements NZXT made regarding the compatibility. When I first got it, I assumed I was doing something wrong and dumped it elsewhere in the case. However for top placement, it doesn't provide effective enough cooling, it needs rear placement with ideally, a push/pull config, so when I went back and revisited this notion, I contacted NZXT regarding to see what was going on.

Disgusting customer service, and would most definitely never buy NZXT products again. For anyone saying i'm lying, i'll happily disclose the emails. The product works, its quiet and does an ok job at keeping the CPU cool, but they have lied about it being compatible and offer nothing to compensate for making people out of pocket from their false guidance.

Last edited by soulcipher; September 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old September 30, 2014, 12:41 PM
Top Prospect

I have the nzxt x60. Works awsome. Did my own homework and it fit fine in my corsair 540 air. I generally wouldnt trust tech support for anything but getting me rmas lol. I also don't really use any of the nzxt software as its kinda shit. Why won't cpu cooler people realize all we care about its core temperature not cpu temperature.
Old September 30, 2014, 12:46 PM
Rookie

I did a fair bit of research but there was not much on it at the time with that case specifically, so I based my case purchase from their guide. I was going for a rear placement as that would be the ideal place for cooling based on the setup I had planned. Obviously this isn't possible and I expect i'll replace the CPU cooler rather than the case as my next step forward. The fact of the matter is this should never have been the case if they actually tested the compatibility as they say they do. The fact they got it wrong, deny this, and offer no form of compensation is quite frankly appalling.

Agreed tech support are generally rubbish. For their first 3 replies they kept quoting different products which made me wonder if they even read what I wrote originally! However, I certainly did not expect this kind of response from the Tech Manager. Not a fan of the NZXT software either, I use AIDA64 and G19 display to monitor temps, the only time I ever touch the NZXT stuff is to change the colour of the light.
Old September 30, 2014, 12:59 PM
Top Prospect

I replaced the fans, i found them to loud.
Old September 30, 2014, 03:27 PM
Rookie

Good looking unit.
Kingston HyperX T1 4x4go
Bitfenix Cables
Old October 1, 2014, 04:33 AM
Rookie

Does look good, never disagreed on that point. Problem I have is the support is abysmal and their guides lie about what it can fit in, and where. Not only that, but the "Technical Manager" even lied directly in an email to me about the compatibility. And for that reason alone, I could never recommend this product to anyone. I could not recommend any company who states compatibility without bothering to test.

Its like me saying to a kid they will love carrots even though they hate carrot soup.