Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Its all about the girth! GIRTH!!!

NO NO NO its

((L*D)+(W/G))/(A^2)
Length times Diameter plus Weight over Girth divided by Angle of the tip squared
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old February 27, 2013, 07:35 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Dammit I knew they were all lying :P

I love how you named it the Kraken as thats the nick name my kids give the dog when He stretches and puts his all right up in the air they yell out "Release the Kraken" Also the fact that on Big Bang Theory Sheldon wants to be killed by a Kraken so the last words he hears is "Release the Kraken"

All that aside when I get the chance to get a new mounting bracket for one of my GPU's the Kraken X60 will be the block to go on it.. or maybe it would have a great home cooling my media center thats just sitting there.

Great review and Great Product, my next build will include far more NZXT
You should have seen the list of names that we came up with for the product. I think there was like 40 different names, and three that were really good. I came up with "Vapor" as it would have been so suitable. Unfortunately, the Kraken won out over it after some inner turmoil and another name that was the winner, but got shot down. LOL There were dozens of emails leading to the final naming.

Then there were the Pump LED designs. What you see now actually had several variations from simple to whacky.

In total:
Man hours fighting over name: 452
Man hours voting on LED design: 3

Quote:
Its all about the girth! GIRTH!!!
LOL. Ya know, I love Canadian forums. I think the stereotype of Canadians all being nice is pretty true. And there's far worse to be called than "nice."

Lots of good peeps here on HWC.
Old February 27, 2013, 08:05 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post

Then there were the Pump LED designs. What you see now actually had several variations from simple to whacky.
Very interesting. Alternative designs or user changeable designs would be a most awesome feature. I have a H60 kicking around and the top pops off the pump with easy. I think it would be kickass to have interchangeable covers with different LED designs. It would really add to personalization of ones internals. It would also be a great profit maker for manufacturers as it would only have to be a piece of thin plastic that attaches to the top of a pump. At $5 each theyd still be 95% profit.
Old February 27, 2013, 08:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
You should have seen the list of names that we came up with for the product. I think there was like 40 different names, and three that were really good. I came up with "Vapor" as it would have been so suitable. Unfortunately, the Kraken won out over it after some inner turmoil and another name that was the winner, but got shot down. LOL There were dozens of emails leading to the final naming.

In total:
Man hours fighting over name: 452
Man hours voting on LED design: 3

LOL. Ya know, I love Canadian forums. I think the stereotype of Canadians all being nice is pretty true. And there's far worse to be called than "nice."

Lots of good peeps here on HWC.

I'm Canadian and I'm not gay, I'm just so polite it seems that way.

My Kraken gets installed this weekend (Its going in a Colossus though sorry Xnine, I'm boycotting till I get my Apollo 2)
*I know you love me torturing you about that one case lol*

I think it was an Apt Name to be honest for the cooler, and given the test results around the webz it looks like a solid choice for what I am doing.
Though I still prefer Astek's old style Tubing to the new stuff, as long as it doesn't leak I'm happy.

Glad you're enjoying the stay on HWC Xnine,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 27, 2013, 09:03 AM
Manufacturer Rep

LOL. Trust me, I'd totally go gay for Robert Downey Jr.

Sorry to hear about your case of choice Actually, I think what's great about working at NZXT is that I've never been asked to throw other companies or products under the bus, or asked to strictly talk about our products. There's so much to the enthusiast market that you just can't simply dismiss and stay in a little bubble. Great designs inspire other manufacturers to do better, which, in the end, advances tech and provides more options for the consumer.

The original Murderbox is what got me into the entire scene anyway. I had looked for a PC that was as sleek and beautiful as the Macs I worked on, and lo and behold, I found the Murderbox. PC's are such an awesome and unique industry, I just can't help but love a lot of differrent things out there.

As for the Kraken, yeah, it's a sweet little number. Somehow, I'm thinking it needs to be BIGGER!
Old February 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
MVP

One thing I have to say about the Kraken vs the majority of other all in one liquid coolers I've seen/used is how well you guys did the little things. The way the tubing joins the pump and waterblock on my coolit Eco 120/120 II units is very industrial looking. Its not as fine and smooth as that of the Kraken. The tubing itself is also much more pleasing to the eyes and the wiring having the mesh sheathing is also quite a nice attention to detail. I'd definitely consider a kraken if I was to go back to a all in one liquid system.
Old February 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Wow, this thread has taken an ODD turn....
Old February 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
LOL. Trust me, I'd totally go gay for Robert Downey Jr.

Sorry to hear about your case of choice Actually, I think what's great about working at NZXT is that I've never been asked to throw other companies or products under the bus, or asked to strictly talk about our products. There's so much to the enthusiast market that you just can't simply dismiss and stay in a little bubble. Great designs inspire other manufacturers to do better, which, in the end, advances tech and provides more options for the consumer.

The original Murderbox is what got me into the entire scene anyway. I had looked for a PC that was as sleek and beautiful as the Macs I worked on, and lo and behold, I found the Murderbox. PC's are such an awesome and unique industry, I just can't help but love a lot of differrent things out there.

As for the Kraken, yeah, it's a sweet little number. Somehow, I'm thinking it needs to be BIGGER!
Scott Stapp for me since we are on THAT particular topic.

As for my Case choice, well you're just gonna have to work harder to get me back into the fold.
It is nice to see that you can talk about other products, one who respects his opponents usually wins over them.

I will have a new Phantom One day, when I have time. And money.

Quote:
One thing I have to say about the Kraken vs the majority of other all in one liquid coolers I've seen/used is how well you guys did the little things. The way the tubing joins the pump and waterblock on my coolit Eco 120/120 II units is very industrial looking. Its not as fine and smooth as that of the Kraken. The tubing itself is also much more pleasing to the eyes and the wiring having the mesh sheathing is also quite a nice attention to detail. I'd definitely consider a kraken if I was to go back to a all in one liquid system.
The Biggest and most Important thing to me is the mounting. Its my only qualm with Astek as an OEM. Beyond that I think all else is well with them (Again, I still enjoy the H50 Tubing more , just feels more durable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Wow, this thread has taken an ODD turn....
In Ontario Canada, thread Odds you!
(Take that Russian Memes!)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 28, 2013, 05:03 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
CMs are good kit. I just think the Kraken series is better....or atleast the CM {read the review for model I am talking about} is good, but doesnt {read the review for X} and that handicapps it...big time. PLUS its {read the review for}! Oh and the {read the review for X} is are not great BUT the RnD they put into {read the review for X} makes it a contender...once they figure out {read the review for X}.

:P

TL;DR....still think the Kraken series is the best one I have tested to date.
Just finished reading the review, the X60 is the one I'll be getting.

Old April 14, 2013, 09:12 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quick question before I buy the X60, it is compatable with the HAFX for top mount? NZXT instructions for compatability are confusing.