Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 21, 2012, 06:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Flow is too low with two pumps.

Got a bit of a problem here. Modded a Corsair 200R to fit a 360 rad in the front. Found a YouTube video of a 200R with a 360 rad and seemed like a simple enough project. Thought I could do with a single Liang D5 pump. Coolant dies make its way through but there is air in the lines around the rad. It's setup now with another D5 in serial but the problem persists. Aside from the rad the loop has a Koolance Cpu-370 and EK 7970 gpu block. Not sure where I messed up but maybe the rad since it is old.

Ideas?
Old December 21, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

add more fluid sounds if you got air pockets or sucking air into loop via loose hose
Old December 21, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep. You don't need 2 pumps for that small of a line.
Old December 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Well now I found a leak on the output on the rad. Seems another 90 degree adapter fitting has gone. And you are right I should not need a second pump. At all. Nothing is loose. It's just that once a certain amount of fluid is in the bubbles or air pocket won't move. And tipping the case doesn't work either. My previous builds haven't been this frustrating in a long time.
Old December 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Just a quick update. I've replaced the leaky 90 degree adapter with two 45 degree adapters. I don't have any other adapter fittings to use so that will have to do for now. The ironic part is that this was supposed to be a quick build so I could mod my cosmos case and still have a pc. So my only recourse is to still try to tip the case to get the last bit of air out? If so I might have to leave it until after boxing day. Working retail sucks this time of year.

. . . Sorry that wasn't a quick update at all.
Old December 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pulse the pump with the res open to purge any bubbles out of the line, and try shaking it.
Old December 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Have been doing that and made some progress but it is late and I'll have to continue this tomorrow or later.
Old December 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Variable speed D5? When I refill a loop I generally turn my pump up to 5 and then rock the case backwards and forwards and side to side with the res lid on loosely to get all of the air out of the upper rad.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old December 22, 2012, 05:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemonicman View Post
Just a quick update. I've replaced the leaky 90 degree adapter with two 45 degree adapters. I don't have any other adapter fittings to use so that will have to do for now. The ironic part is that this was supposed to be a quick build so I could mod my cosmos case and still have a pc. So my only recourse is to still try to tip the case to get the last bit of air out? If so I might have to leave it until after boxing day. Working retail sucks this time of year.

. . . Sorry that wasn't a quick update at all.

is what i use to fill a loop by having the hose off and and fill till comes out other end

note: with hoses above all water cooling equipment and exit is in a jug to catch spill off.

ever play with a maze with a ball bearing? thats what you gotta do move the air pockets to the top of loop

fluid is heavier then air
Old December 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Both pumps are fixed speed D5. Yeah I'll have to rotate the case to get the air pocket at the inlet to the rad out the other side. Haven't had to do that since my first watercooling build which had the same rad. Shows me for assuming it being a short project.