Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

still didn't answer question .....the internal tube of the res is connected to what...quick connect is connected to ?hose connnected to fitting connected to pump suction? or rad
Old December 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Ah sorry. Didn't understand the question. The internal tube of the res is connected to the tube that goes to the intake of the pump. The quick disconnect fitting down by the pump is intended to help draining the loop but yes I can now see how that can add restriction to the flow.
Old December 28, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemonicman View Post
Ah sorry. Didn't understand the question. The internal tube of the res is connected to the tube that goes to the intake of the pump. The quick disconnect fitting down by the pump is intended to help draining the loop but yes I can now see how that can add restriction to the flow.
woah have the pump inlet go to the non-tubed port of the rez with out any quick connect

this is where the bubbles are coming from

for current set-up is introducing cavitation

by that restriction of tube and Qc on suction side of pump

Last edited by KaptCrunch; December 29, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old December 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yep and that is one of the planned changes once I can get some 45 degree compression fittings. The qc is just for draining. I'll have to figure out a different way to do it after it gets taken apart again. And maybe that EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ too. Would be better than hanging the res from the top of the case.
Old December 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

place the quick on the pressure side of pump leave rez to pump clear no Qc's or elbows
Old December 29, 2012, 10:01 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

And that is another thing I will add that to the list of things to do. This was supposed to be a quick Christmas project. How wrong I was. I'll probably remove the 120 as well. One 360 should be enough for an i7 and 7970. Or get a 240 and mount that up top.

New Years Resolution. Measure three times then cut once.
Old December 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Had a good long post typed out and it timed out on my phone. Oh well. Anyways I've redone the loop. The qc is now at the output of the pump and the 120rad is removed from the loop. And I found an interesting build on the ek Facebook page that had the res setup similarly to how it is in the picture. Also it might not look clear but the output of the rad goes to the port with the metal tube in the res.

Old December 29, 2012, 04:16 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Oh yes and another reason to redo the loop. Found a few drops by the rad about where those 90 degree adapters were. Just refilled the loop. No leaks so far and those sounds of bubbles moving through the loop all but gone. I'll probably try tipping the case to see if there are more air pockets but after supper. Cautiously optimistic I am.
Old December 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

with your extra hose and fittings ...make a fill tub on the res

lay case for that MB is flat (backside facing downward to floor) with floppy hose bend to point to the ceiling and fill their with syringe with pump not working only when hose end is capped run pump

how got it now and not cavitating your good but rez is upside down
Attached Images

Old December 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yep it is upside down. Only way to get the extra ports on the res to face up. However given how well it's working and not leaking I'm inclined to just leave it as is. And well I did use a fill line when filling it. Worked out fairly well. But it is a Bitspower res and I don't have an extra top for it. If/when I order stuff from Dazmode I'll try to get just the tube part of an EK res. Or maybe just go with that D5 top with the res that screws into it. Either way thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. I've had watercooled PCs for a few years but sometimes all that knowledge just goes out the window. I guess because it's flu season or something.