Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemonicman View Post
Haha no beer in the loop. The problem was the beer in me. It was very good beer. No I've redone the loop so the res is mounted under the top two fans. The ports on the rad are still higher than the res so I will be tipping the case to move the air bubbles out. Had a bit of a leak down by the pump. Faulty 90 degree fitting. Fourth one so far. Replaced that and all is good so far.
from pic's is bubbles still flowing in loop? after fixing!

90's sharpe are not good in a loop 45 more suited if needed
Old December 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

True. More so when it's 90 degree rotary fitting to female G1/4 socket. Too many of those have failed on me however a good idea they were at the time. They don't take to stress very well. No that was an old picture. I was going to post a picture of haggis as a joke so I will.

Ok but seriously here's what it looks like now. And with much less leaking. Especially after half the res spilled on my pants yesterday. Discouraging but replaced the leaky fitting that caused the lapse in concentration and filled it with a spare bottle of coolant. Turned out much better and got most if not all the major air bubbles out.
Old December 26, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Its a better setup but your making your pump work harder than it should be with that setup. res on top? ugh I don't trust that at all.

But overall looking better.
Old December 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I know I'm starting to regret ever starting this project. It is certainly a challenge. What i'm thinking is to get those four way adapter blocks. Should make some parts of the setup easier. If it doesn't perform as well as I hope I might just switch back to the Cosmos case. Or if that res doesn't work out I found the mini switech res. Could use that. Either way that is a project for later. It's working and not leaking. I'll take what victories I can.

But just out of curiosity could a ddc pump with an attached res work better in this setup? I also found the mounting bracket to attach it to a 120mm fan mount.
Old December 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Never put an 90 on pump suction

looks pump>gpu>cpu>120Rad>i'm lost but then goes to 3x120 then rez?

Enaberif: d5 puts out 15ft/5meters of head pressure so not aproblem but yes how is mounted i agree

Mnemonicmanb can you take a closer pic of the res with pump working
Old December 26, 2012, 07:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Close. It's pump>gpu>120Rad>cpu>360rad>res
Old December 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Never put an 90 on pump suction

looks pump>gpu>cpu>120Rad>i'm lost but then goes to 3x120 then rez?

Enaberif: d5 puts out 15ft/5meters of head pressure so not aproblem but yes how is mounted i agree

Mnemonicmanb can you take a closer pic of the res with pump working
Its the fact that after it comes out of the CPU it goes into the rad THEN into the reservoir. No matter the head pressure of that pump its having push a lot of water through the rad and reservoir to get out again.
Old December 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I know the mounting isn't great. Working with what I have on hand. So what are you suggesting? Should I mount the pump with the inlet pointing up then? That'll take some work and maybe some acrylic but it can be done.

Hmm yes you are correct random stranger I do have a mounting bracket for the pump. It's supposed to be used with a ddc pump but with some additional holes drilled through it can be used with the D5 pump. Kinda looks like this.

Last edited by Mnemonicman; December 26, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old December 28, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

was the punp running on the pic ?

in pic what side is the suction on ? one with tube or no tube
Old December 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

The whole system was on. The side with the quick disconnect fitting was the intake on the pump. I'll probably rebuild the whole thing in a week or two. Got some ideas. Just need the money to buy fittings.