Rookie

Default Aquatuning.us uses UPS though

Aquatuning uses UPS though.
Old November 24, 2012, 12:46 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoblivion View Post
Aquatuning uses UPS though.
Doesn't matter. Aquatuning uses their own broker so you pay the taxes + fee at the checkout on Aquatuning. You won't have any fees to pay when it arrives at your door.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Doesn't matter. Aquatuning uses their own broker so you pay the taxes + fee at the checkout on Aquatuning. You won't have any fees to pay when it arrives at your door.
Sweet!
Old November 25, 2012, 01:14 AM
Top Prospect

You may occasionally be hit with UPS brokerage fee's using Aquatuning.us, but they will refund it. I got nailed for $30 on my ~$150 order (because UPS are a bunch of idiots), and it was refunded in about a week.

I'll never use a US retailer if AT.us has the same item. Heck, even comparing against the 'canadian' option, AT.us is usually quite a bit cheaper, especially anything Aquacomputer related.
Old December 7, 2012, 11:50 PM
Rookie

I've recently purchased from FrozenCPU and I say you MUST, I repeat you MUST, use USPS for shipping, or else UPS will charge you a pretty hefty fee.(they charge A LOT for brokerage and duty).
With USPS, expect to pay the service tax of the item at your door.
I ordered a $130 waterblock from FrozenCPU, got it shipped under USPS Express Mail, and had to pay a fee of about $5. So expect to pay around the GST/PST/HST.
Old December 12, 2012, 09:02 PM
Trial Member

Thanks for pointing aquatuning.us out - they a nice selection and some things that I couldn't get from dazmode.com
Old December 25, 2012, 02:05 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

This thread's kinda old, but i thought i'd add in my experience with UPS.

Just last week i had purchased $166 worth of water cooling stuff from performance-pc. With shipping the total was $194. But when it arrived at my door i was stuck with the brokerage fee of $65.

To bad the selection for water cooling products just isn't that good in Canada or i would have been more than willing to buy Canadian.
Old January 13, 2013, 05:21 PM
Top Prospect

ordered a few things from frozencpu over the last few years... everytime the charges for shipping and duty seemed way unreasonable and i think the prices a tad high to be honest. i would highly recommend anything other then frozen unless they have a crucial part to your build no one else carries.

use them as a last ditch effort.