Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2012, 01:44 PM
Top Prospect

Default Is the closed loop LCS market oversaturated?

I've been looking at the new Zalman LCS, and not suprisingly they made zero effort to differentiate themselves from their manufacturer's other clients (Antec Kuhler). With all the cooling companies making closed loop solutions, there are only a couple that actually manufactures and designs them (CoolIT, Asetek, etc)

Not to mention review sites loves to churn out the latest reviews on them, not that I blame them because it's their job, but it's getting extremely repetitive since you can gauge what their performance would be like just by looking at their form factor (ie. pump housing, shape of rad) because 6 months ago another company already released the same damn thing.

What's up with all these re branded identical units, they don't differentiate themselves from others. Other than price, why should I choose on brand over the other?

What do you guys think about this?
Old November 3, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Really it all comes down to who the oem is (if you have a preferance), the fan that gets used, price and warranty in my opinion. Like you said, for the most part the actual rad, pump, lines, and base can often be identical.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old November 4, 2012, 03:18 AM
MVP

My System Specs

stick with the Corsairs until you decide on a custom job.
Old November 4, 2012, 03:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NZXT just announced 140MM and 280MM LCS, that would be your best bet at the moment.

Last edited by supaflyx3; November 4, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old November 4, 2012, 05:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would love to see how that kraken does in some comparison tests to the H100 and TT big water 2.0
Old November 4, 2012, 06:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It is only oversaturated if you would rather pay more for a AIO cooling solution. The flooding of the market has dropped prices quite a bit and made them a better choice than air in most circumstances now.
Old November 4, 2012, 04:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
NZXT just announced 140MM and 280MM LCS, that would be your best bet at the moment.
what about Enermax or Coolermaster?

time for a RoundUp eh?
Old November 4, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Maybe. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 5, 2012, 06:42 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

The new Zalman LQ3xx-series LCS seems interesting however it looks like its OEM Asetek.

The new Enermax I wouldn't touch, since they are OEM AVC and the original LCS failed miserably.

Corsair owns the LCS market with over 65%+ share. They are launching all new revised-series watercoolers (such as the H100i & H80i) featuring new revised waterblocks which average 3C cooler than current gen.
Old November 5, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1V4N View Post
The new Zalman LQ3xx-series LCS seems interesting however it looks like its OEM Asetek.

The new Enermax I wouldn't touch, since they are OEM AVC and the original LCS failed miserably.

Corsair owns the LCS market with over 65%+ share. They are launching all new revised-series watercoolers (such as the H100i & H80i) featuring new revised waterblocks which average 3C cooler than current gen.
You either have Asetek or Coolit.

Asetek is the biggest OEM provider of these systems out there.

Corsair uses Coolit