Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Is the closed loop LCS market oversaturated? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/57674-closed-loop-lcs-market-oversaturated.html)

geoc November 3, 2012 01:44 PM

Is the closed loop LCS market oversaturated?

I've been looking at the new Zalman LCS, and not suprisingly they made zero effort to differentiate themselves from their manufacturer's other clients (Antec Kuhler). With all the cooling companies making closed loop solutions, there are only a couple that actually manufactures and designs them (CoolIT, Asetek, etc)

Not to mention review sites loves to churn out the latest reviews on them, not that I blame them because it's their job, but it's getting extremely repetitive since you can gauge what their performance would be like just by looking at their form factor (ie. pump housing, shape of rad) because 6 months ago another company already released the same damn thing.

What's up with all these re branded identical units, they don't differentiate themselves from others. Other than price, why should I choose on brand over the other?

What do you guys think about this?

Bond007 November 3, 2012 01:54 PM

Really it all comes down to who the oem is (if you have a preferance), the fan that gets used, price and warranty in my opinion. Like you said, for the most part the actual rad, pump, lines, and base can often be identical.

Bungwirez November 4, 2012 03:18 AM

stick with the Corsairs until you decide on a custom job.

supaflyx3 November 4, 2012 03:39 AM

NZXT just announced 140MM and 280MM LCS, that would be your best bet at the moment.

Pabz0r545 November 4, 2012 05:52 AM

I would love to see how that kraken does in some comparison tests to the H100 and TT big water 2.0

b1lk1 November 4, 2012 06:44 AM

It is only oversaturated if you would rather pay more for a AIO cooling solution. The flooding of the market has dropped prices quite a bit and made them a better choice than air in most circumstances now.

Bungwirez November 4, 2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 668461)
NZXT just announced 140MM and 280MM LCS, that would be your best bet at the moment.

what about Enermax or Coolermaster?

time for a RoundUp eh?

AkG November 4, 2012 05:21 PM

Maybe. ;)

1V4N November 5, 2012 06:42 PM

The new Zalman LQ3xx-series LCS seems interesting however it looks like its OEM Asetek.

The new Enermax I wouldn't touch, since they are OEM AVC and the original LCS failed miserably.

Corsair owns the LCS market with over 65%+ share. They are launching all new revised-series watercoolers (such as the H100i & H80i) featuring new revised waterblocks which average 3C cooler than current gen.

enaberif November 5, 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1V4N (Post 668810)
The new Zalman LQ3xx-series LCS seems interesting however it looks like its OEM Asetek.

The new Enermax I wouldn't touch, since they are OEM AVC and the original LCS failed miserably.

Corsair owns the LCS market with over 65%+ share. They are launching all new revised-series watercoolers (such as the H100i & H80i) featuring new revised waterblocks which average 3C cooler than current gen.

You either have Asetek or Coolit.

Asetek is the biggest OEM provider of these systems out there.

Corsair uses Coolit