Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Intros Updated Hydro H60 & New Hydro H55 Liquid CPU Coolers

New Hydro Series CPU coolers take advantage of the latest technology to provide higher cooling performance and lower noise levels.

Corsair’s Hydro series of sealed system liquid CPU coolers is one of the most popular around and a number of their more affordable options are getting an update.

Read more here: Corsair Intros Updated Hydro H60 & New Hydro H55 Liquid CPU Coolers | Hardware Canucks
Old October 25, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do we really need these many coolers, that are only 1-2 degrees apart?
Old October 25, 2012, 07:18 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sure. Why not? As they say: "Variety is the spice of life".
Old October 25, 2012, 08:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

any confirmation of what the new tubing size is? that block/pump would likely be good for some simple modded loops with an extra (or bigger) rad

Old October 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The H60 2.0 appears to be CoolITs latest and greatest. Whereas the H55 appears to be Asetek's. It is very nice to see Corsair branch out and include BOTH mfg'ers in their lineup....as both bring different strengths (and weaknesses) to the table.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 25, 2012, 12:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I really hope this generation of coolers is even an improvment on what I was used to in the past.

I think they have really refined these coolers, and so far from my experience they are really reliable and take the worry away from me for cooler heights, and RAM Heatsinks etc etc.

That being said, I really honestly think they should start making 140mm Versions since a lot of cases nowadays are opting for 140mm vs 120mm...

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 25, 2012, 02:13 PM
Top Prospect

Mmm nice tubes. Hope the fan isn't too loud.
Old October 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hope they refined the AMD mounting system, the V1.0 was pathetic at best. Sadly, it does not take a genius to design a nice mouting plate set-up, instead of this 'capt'n hook' design, just to save $1.50. Ended up replacing my H60 (on the home machine) with an 212 EVO, as the H60s I had up to this point were anything but quiet and definetly not suited for a quiet environment (my experience only of course). [The H80 for the work machine is fine.]
Old October 25, 2012, 05:18 PM

My System Specs

Shame they don't show the actual radiator. The original H60s radiator had a fin density that was way too high. Hopefully they fixed that major flaw.
Old October 25, 2012, 07:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Check out the link from TechPowerUp for H55 and 60 fin details

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Shame they don't show the actual radiator. The original H60s radiator had a fin density that was way too high. Hopefully they fixed that major flaw.
Check out the link from TechPowerUp for H55 and 60 fin details: Corsair Debuts Updated Hydro Series H60 and New Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Coolers | techPowerUp