Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Corsair Intros Updated Hydro H60 & New Hydro H55 Liquid CPU Coolers (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/57506-corsair-intros-updated-hydro-h60-new-hydro-h55-liquid-cpu-coolers.html)

SKYMTL October 25, 2012 07:03 AM

Corsair Intros Updated Hydro H60 & New Hydro H55 Liquid CPU Coolers

New Hydro Series CPU coolers take advantage of the latest technology to provide higher cooling performance and lower noise levels.

Corsairís Hydro series of sealed system liquid CPU coolers is one of the most popular around and a number of their more affordable options are getting an update.

Read more here: Corsair Intros Updated Hydro H60 & New Hydro H55 Liquid CPU Coolers | Hardware Canucks

supaflyx3 October 25, 2012 07:12 AM

Do we really need these many coolers, that are only 1-2 degrees apart?

SKYMTL October 25, 2012 07:18 AM

Sure. Why not? As they say: "Variety is the spice of life".

tehpr0fess0r October 25, 2012 08:07 AM

any confirmation of what the new tubing size is? that block/pump would likely be good for some simple modded loops with an extra (or bigger) rad

AkG October 25, 2012 08:38 AM

The H60 2.0 appears to be CoolITs latest and greatest. Whereas the H55 appears to be Asetek's. It is very nice to see Corsair branch out and include BOTH mfg'ers in their lineup....as both bring different strengths (and weaknesses) to the table.

Soultribunal October 25, 2012 12:37 PM

I really hope this generation of coolers is even an improvment on what I was used to in the past.

I think they have really refined these coolers, and so far from my experience they are really reliable and take the worry away from me for cooler heights, and RAM Heatsinks etc etc.

That being said, I really honestly think they should start making 140mm Versions since a lot of cases nowadays are opting for 140mm vs 120mm...

-ST

slippy October 25, 2012 02:13 PM

Mmm nice tubes. Hope the fan isn't too loud.

EmptyMellon October 25, 2012 02:31 PM

Hope they refined the AMD mounting system, the V1.0 was pathetic at best. Sadly, it does not take a genius to design a nice mouting plate set-up, instead of this 'capt'n hook' design, just to save $1.50. Ended up replacing my H60 (on the home machine) with an 212 EVO, as the H60s I had up to this point were anything but quiet and definetly not suited for a quiet environment (my experience only of course). [The H80 for the work machine is fine.]

lowfat October 25, 2012 05:18 PM

Shame they don't show the actual radiator. The original H60s radiator had a fin density that was way too high. Hopefully they fixed that major flaw.

EmptyMellon October 25, 2012 07:51 PM

Check out the link from TechPowerUp for H55 and 60 fin details

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 666157)
Shame they don't show the actual radiator. The original H60s radiator had a fin density that was way too high. Hopefully they fixed that major flaw.

Check out the link from TechPowerUp for H55 and 60 fin details: Corsair Debuts Updated Hydro Series H60 and New Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Coolers | techPowerUp