Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
Top Prospect

Default Bought HK 3.0 block of ebay, cannot identify which model

As title says, I bought a HK block off ebay, but I can't seem to identify which specific 3.0 block is it. It looks like the HK 3.0 LT, but except the color is inverted.

The eBay posting was vague, but a brand new HK 3.0 block for 50 shipped couldn't really go wrong so I went with it.

I'll try to get a pic up soon.
EDIT: pic up
Attached Images

Old October 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not the LT. It's the nickel-chrome special edition. Nice score. Aquatuning -Your watercooling and modding distributor - Watercool HK CPU LGA 1155/1156 Rev. 3 special edition nickel black chrome 10368
Old October 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
Top Prospect

wow, certainly didn't expect that!

damn, I was planning on throwing this block on a secondary pc, but I'd think I'll just swap out my LC on my main PC for this one lol

thanks!
Old October 16, 2012, 02:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think I paid about $120 for my nickel-plated 3.0 from Daz before Watercool started to nickel-plate their own blocks. I wish there was more of those SE's on Ebay, I'd grab that in a heartbeat at that price.
Old October 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

120, I dont think I'd ever spend that much for a block

If the seller listed it as the special edition, I don't think it would've gotten it for this price. Came with a spiffy backplate as well, feels like I was missing out a lot of the HeatKiller experience for purchasing an LC initially.
Old October 16, 2012, 06:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I think I paid about $120 for my nickel-plated 3.0 from Daz before Watercool started to nickel-plate their own blocks. I wish there was more of those SE's on Ebay, I'd grab that in a heartbeat at that price.
I don't think it was that much as I own one too and surely wouldn't of paid that much

Daz's is nickel inside and out though, HK's is only on the outside.

I'll have pictures of my HK GTX690 LT block up soon...they make amazing stuff IMO. Proper German quality!
Old October 16, 2012, 07:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think that might have included tax and shipping. They weren't cheap, that's for sure. But I've had that block for 3 years now, looks like new still. If I really wanted, I could buy the black nameplate and mounting brackets from aquatuning and make mine look like the SE.
Old October 16, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I think that might have included tax and shipping. They weren't cheap, that's for sure. But I've had that block for 3 years now, looks like new still. If I really wanted, I could buy the black nameplate and mounting brackets from aquatuning and make mine look like the SE.
Price sounds about right, but it was at least 2years ago. Euro was close to 1.5 to CAD back then and I did plating at German shop. Quality was amazing but price was It was the best block money could buy nevertheless...

This is (above) Black Nickel HK 3.0 block that Watercool makes now, so this is new 2012 model.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old October 17, 2012, 04:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
1 x DAZMODE LIMITED EDITION HEATKILLER Rev3.0 1366 VERNICKELT (14015-VERNICKELT) $129.99

Hmm so I did pay $130 But yeah, I've had it since December 2009, so well worth it I suppose.

I might have to look into getting the black mounting brackets though.