Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2012, 07:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default hooking up a pump to a fan controller

This seems to me like a stupid question but I want to make sure I do not destroy my pump

I just bought a NZXT Sentry Mix 6 channels 50 watts each channel and my pumps are 18watts each I was planing on using the last two channels on my pumps would this be okay?

fans 4 gentle typhoons, 6 SilverStone Air Penetrators, and two mcp355 18watt pumps

first channel 2 gentle typhoons
second channel 2 gentle typhoons
third channel 3 SilverStone Air Penetrators
fourth channel 3 SilverStone Air Penetrators
fifth channel 1 mcp355 pump 18watt
sixth channel 1 mcp355 pump 18watt

sorry for the newbie question
Old October 11, 2012, 08:38 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

You won't destroy your pumps but if you turn it down more than a little and the pumps stop pumping.
Old October 11, 2012, 02:39 PM
Top Prospect

I heard that the mcp doesn't like being undervolted. It will run at a lower voltage at a lower speed for a while, but eventually they stop running at the lowered voltage and the voltage must be bumped up.

The speed of the pumps are actually controlled by a microchip through PWM, and not directly voltage driven like fans, so I am not sure how well that will go either.