Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Coolit=shit... buyer beware!

Stay away from the Corsair units that are from Coolit as well.

Old August 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
MVP

I dealt with Andrew Wildgoose - Service and Support Manager when I had an issue with my cooler. I don't have any contact for him other than the standard support email address, technical_support AT coolitsystems.com. I think he was great in helping me. I wrote them because I was hearing a bit of a gurgling noise and experiencing temp spikes. He told me my pump was likely dying and would send me the ECO II for free and I that I didn't have to send anything back. He asked for picks of my radiator, to void the warranty. He wasn't exactly clear that was why he wanted it though which kinda disturbs me after seeing this thread. He told me he needed the pic to update their system, not void my warranty.
"I am sorry as there is one more thing I would require from you. please provide me with a clear picture of the radiator serial number sticker for our records."
A little dishonest imo, I understand its necessary to void my warranty but I would have appreciated if they were honest about why they wanted the image.
Old August 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

This is troubling. The orientation of the rad should have ZERO to do with warranty and RMA's. I am going to dig up barry reicker's email and forward this on to him. Hopefully you just got an tech who needs more training (or was have one hell of a bad day).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; August 28, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
This is troubling. The orientation of the rad should have ZERO to do with warranty and RMA's. I am going to dig up barry reicker's email and forward this on to him. Hopefully you just got an tech who needs more training (or was have one hell of a bad day).
I'm still trying to dig for my contact as well (whom helped me out a ton). No dice so far but I don't have all the time in the world. Just ain't right to hear what I'm hearing. Espcially since I've had nothing but awesome service from Cool-it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippWhapp View Post
Coolit=shit... buyer beware!

Stay away from the Corsair units that are from Coolit as well.

Ehhh, not agreeing with you there mate. Sure this is one really bad incident but from what I've seen people have had way better experience with Coolit than Astek OEM units...

But if I hear more crap like this I may change that tone.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Rookie

Sorry to hear about your cooler. I have to say that when coolit still had a support forum, it did look like their customer support was top notch.
Old August 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Get me the name of the guy will go there myself tomorrow.
Old August 28, 2012, 11:31 PM
MVP

Are you able to find your post by using google cache?
Old August 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
NO But the dust will always kill a rad ! I can't tell you how many cars and trucks I have seen with blowen out rads because of dust LOL HAHAH

Edit : found the video Petra's tech video . This is a very good video and may give you some hope your system will live ..

PT QuickClips - Fun With Coolant - YouTube

Last edited by Bloodystumps; August 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Here is coolit's response about giving me bad advice (I run my pc 24/7 and never turn it off).

Shawn,

I understand your comments. Your question about the preferred installation was prior to my coming on board with CoolIT Systems. Your question may have been misunderstood.

If you run your PC system 24/7, having the radiator installed upside down should not be an issue as the air bubble mixes with the coolant. The issue comes into play when you turn your PC system off when it is not in use., air rises to the top of the unit, then turning in on again.

I am merely pointing out that if you wish to use a liquid cooling product which uses a radiator, you should pay attention to this.(strictly for your information)

Thank you for your patience,

Andrew Wildgoose
Service and Support Manager
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old August 29, 2012, 07:22 AM
MVP

So what exactly is the correct method? The hoses on the bottom of the rad?
Andrew is who I dealt with. He was pretty good in helping me although a little dishonest.

Seems like you are getting the run around. Atleast he did admit that you were given bad information by Coolit. That should be enough to get your stuff replaced. If they continue to give you the run around you should try filing a complaint with the BBB.