Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 14, 2012, 02:53 AM
Rollergold's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 121

My System Specs

Default 360mm Rad Vs 240 + 120mm Rad & Reservoir Questions

I'm currently running an X58 based machine in HAF 932 case and cooling the cpu with a Corsair H100. I'm planing on moving to X79/LGA-2011 next year and also moving on to a custom water cooling loop to cool the CPU.

My first question is would a single 360mm rad do better over a 240 + 120mm rad combo and if so by how much. I'm willing to upgrade my case if the single 360mm rad does better but if the difference is not going to be very large between the two I rather keep my HAF 932 and save a few bucks.

My second question is does anyone know of a reservoir that has a fill hole that matches the the location of the fill port on the HAF 932? I've asked around at other sites but no one seems to have a clear answer.

Any help on these 2 questions would be great.

PS. I plan on only cooling the cpu with the water loop.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old August 14, 2012, 06:35 AM
Bloodystumps's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Posts: 229

My System Specs

Default

To be honest your probably only going to need a 240 as for the res I don't have a clear answer either .

read up on as much as you can, every little bit of info before you start can really help .
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old August 14, 2012, 07:05 AM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,911

My System Specs

Default

A 3x120mm = A 2x120mm + a 1x120mm. Well pretty much anyways. Why couldn't you just install a 3x120mm radiator up top in your HAF932? Pretty sure it can hold a 3x120mm no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 14, 2012, 02:37 PM
Rollergold's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 121

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
A 3x120mm = A 2x120mm + a 1x120mm. Well pretty much anyways. Why couldn't you just install a 3x120mm radiator up top in your HAF932? Pretty sure it can hold a 3x120mm no problem.
I don't think a 360mm rad will natively fit in the 932 without modding the case. Which is something I'm not particularly interested in doing
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old August 15, 2012, 04:28 AM
Keltron 3030's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Posts: 621

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollergold View Post
I don't think a 360mm rad will natively fit in the 932 without modding the case. Which is something I'm not particularly interested in doing
I actually have a 360 rad on the top of my HAF 932, and no modding is required. All you need to do is move the top connectors off the case just so you can screw the rad onto the case.
__________________
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old August 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
I actually have a 360 rad on the top of my HAF 932, and no modding is required. All you need to do is move the top connectors off the case just so you can screw the rad onto the case.
Actually I don't think you even need to take the connectors off.. the plate that is there has holes for screwing in the screws:

http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_m...2_04_thumb.jpg

I was able to fit a triple in mine fine, all the screw holes are provided, only airflow is partly blocked for the third fan is you leave the top panel connectors there.....
__________________
Intel E8400, Biostar TPower i45
G-Skill PC2-8500 4GB, Saphire HD4870 512mb
Cooler Master HAF 932, Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old August 15, 2012, 06:21 PM
Adzsask's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SK
Posts: 831

My System Specs

Default

My RX360mm RASA kit I picked up from a friend was originally in a HAF932, push/pull fans mounted internally by myself...so I know %100 you can mount a thick 360mm rad plus push/pull 25mm thick fans internally.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2012, 04:31 AM
Keltron 3030's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Posts: 621

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Actually I don't think you even need to take the connectors off.. the plate that is there has holes for screwing in the screws:

http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_m...2_04_thumb.jpg

I was able to fit a triple in mine fine, all the screw holes are provided, only airflow is partly blocked for the third fan is you leave the top panel connectors there.....
You are correct, however, taking the top connectors off makes it a lot easier if you screwdriver does not have a magnetized tip :P
__________________
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old August 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
You are correct, however, taking the top connectors off makes it a lot easier if you screwdriver does not have a magnetized tip :P
Yes that is true, honestly nowadays 95% of screwdrivers are.. But as long as u get the screw in the hole somehow keeping pressure on the head, ur fine, u can get it in...
__________________
Intel E8400, Biostar TPower i45
G-Skill PC2-8500 4GB, Saphire HD4870 512mb
Cooler Master HAF 932, Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] GTX560Ti 448, 120mm radiator, 120mm/200mm fans... WTB/T: Modular PSU, i5 2500k bundle wonton1017 Buy/Sell & Trade 2 June 18, 2012 05:13 PM
internal Reservoir or external Reservoir 7foot9 Water Cooling 7 March 31, 2012 08:27 PM
The 120mm fan question (dual-fan) CMetaphor Air Cooling 2 March 21, 2012 05:42 PM
120mm vs 240mm vs 360mm NightHawk23 Water Cooling 5 January 31, 2012 01:15 PM
240mm rad vs 360mm rad BFighter Water Cooling 1 March 20, 2011 01:59 PM