Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2012, 08:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Watercooling Pump Choice

Hello.

I am planning a future build with tri or quad watercooled cards and was wondering two things.

1: Is there a case with a bottom mounted PSU and a top quad 120mm radiator space?

2: What is more appropriate, dual d5 or dual ddc for just a tri/quad full cover video block in serial/parallel? I was thinking dual d5 for serial and dual ddc for parallel. I do want it quiet though, and thus the d5 seems like the right choice, but I do not know if the d5 has enough pressure.

Old August 5, 2012, 09:00 PM

My System Specs

As long as you don't go with highly restrictive blocks a single MCP35x would be sufficient.
Old August 5, 2012, 10:54 PM
Top Prospect

The Corsair Obsidian 800D is a great chassis for water-cooling, bottom mounted PSU, although it is restricted to a 360 rad up top with enough room for a double-thick rad, and plenty of interior space for GPU's, reservoirs, pumps, etc.
Old August 6, 2012, 08:15 AM

My System Specs

Opps. Totally didn't see the first question. Switch 810 is a water cooling case w/ probably the best price to performance you'll get. You can hold a 3x140mm up top. But for 3x140mm radiators pay attention to fan spacing. There is no standardized spacing yet.
NZXT Switch 810 Special Edition Review
Old August 6, 2012, 02:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies fellas. Both cases are great, but I am lookin for a top mounted quad radiator with a bottom mounted PSU. Mountain mods has a huge tower case (pinnacle 24 i think) but the PSU is top mounted.

I figured one pump would be enough, but this is not actually going to be my build, it is for a friend who recently lost their rig due to pump failure. He insists on dual pump and the main question was just d5 vs ddc.

BTW i'm not buying the pump from swiftech, i'm gonna buy from DAZ cuz his rebranding has the best name, "storm" !!!!

So in short, I know 2xddc will work great, but will 2xd5 work about the same? I hear they are much less noisy.
Old August 6, 2012, 02:53 PM

My System Specs

Damn. Daz has the PWM 3.2 DDC for only $80. https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc..._pwm_18w_pump/

Those are the pumps I'd go w/. More powerful than a D5, more efficient, and has PWM control. They are louder at stock but drop the speed w/ PWM and it is quieter than a D5.
Old August 6, 2012, 03:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sweeeet!! I have made my mind up now, dual pwm ddc!

I wanted the pumps on a PWM controller anyways so we could configure some slick fan + pump profiles.
Old August 7, 2012, 07:30 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
...I am lookin for a top mounted quad radiator with a bottom mounted PSU...
BST: +1 seller. killer price.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-fans-ram.html
Old August 9, 2012, 04:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

WOW! That case is perfect! TY!