Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default h100 disassembly?

anyone removed the top of the pump on one of these units and looked inside? part of me wants to try to change the colour of the leds but i dont want to wreck anything. it looks like the top should just unscrew and ill be good to go, but i would love to hear from someone who has already taken it off and can confirm that nothing stupid is going to happen (like the hoses are only held on by that piece i want to remove or something random). bonus points for pictures or links
Old June 30, 2012, 07:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I swear I've seen it before..... google it at all?
Old June 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

yeah i had a look around. i found a guy talking about how he took one apart, but he didnt show pics or say anything about how it went. that asus sabertooth armorsuit mod posted by Mnpctech also has a slightly customized h100, but it doesnt look like the guy took it apart, just added new stuff on (this is actually what got me wanting to change mine. he seems to have just painted over his leds though). aside from those two things, thats all i could find so far...
Old June 30, 2012, 08:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

colour change done here but i do not know how
ASUS TUF ARMORSUIT Z77 Gaming PC by PAUL TAN. | Case Mod Blog update
changing corsair h80 led colour

Last edited by rfglass; June 30, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old July 1, 2012, 12:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

that second one that you edited in is pretty much exactly what im looking for. thank you sir

edit - just a quick update on this. i got it off pretty quick after a bit of advice from wlw wl over on ocn. i made a little knife shaped piece of that blister pack plastic packaging to slide between the lid and the base. there are tabs at the corners of the top and bottom (relative to the corsair badge) but none on the sides. there are two wired connections on the pcb underneath (2 and 3 pin) and three screws on the pcb holding it on to the lid. the whole operation was done while the unit was still attached to the motherboard with ram installed and everything in the way. the leds look like they might be too small for my soldering skill level, and im not even sure where i would buy red ones (and the appropriate resistors). the lid itself is all glued together but it looks like it will be easy to insert something into to change the colour...just need to get some good glue to put it back together (and actually decide what im going to do now that i know how).

Last edited by t0m; July 3, 2012 at 08:25 PM.