UV Red tubing + distilled water and killcoil or biocide 8 88.89%
Clear tubing + UV Red fluid 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2012, 01:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well i agree to much white is bad but if ya go black adn white like are new car all white black trim looks kick booty
Old June 26, 2012, 05:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Was considering that too ^^ .. Say if I decide to get the NZXT Switch 810 white ver.. then it'll be black tubing or red.. too much white won't look too good.. we'll see, depends on stock too..
Are you going to be using an ROG board?

If you do end up using the Switch 810 -White will then your primary colour will be white. If you are using an ROG board then red and black will be your accent colours. In that case I would go with red or black tubing. As for which one, I would that will your personal preference, red has been done a lot, so maybe go with black tubing. The only issue with black tubing is it's not as nice IMO as red.

The trick is balance when it comes to a colour scheme. Personally i wouldn't put in any LED fans, too many LED's and you are going to be "ricing" up your build. You'll end being like a kid with a 96 Honda Civic and neon lights everywhere.
Old June 26, 2012, 09:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Are you going to be using an ROG board....You'll end being like a kid with a 96 Honda Civic and neon lights everywhere.
I hear that. ROG boards just have so much flashing red its almost silly. blinka blinka
Old June 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Are you going to be using an ROG board?

If you do end up using the Switch 810 -White will then your primary colour will be white. If you are using an ROG board then red and black will be your accent colours. In that case I would go with red or black tubing. As for which one, I would that will your personal preference, red has been done a lot, so maybe go with black tubing. The only issue with black tubing is it's not as nice IMO as red.

The trick is balance when it comes to a colour scheme. Personally i wouldn't put in any LED fans, too many LED's and you are going to be "ricing" up your build. You'll end being like a kid with a 96 Honda Civic and neon lights everywhere.
Indeed... it is a ROG board... I was thinking of getting the black case.. then the tube can be red, sleeving will be black+red (Waiting for my sleeves to arrive)..

I was in fact thinking of going non UV this time.. get white or black tubing, and red leds (or cathodes), will give nice effect to the white blade fans and the white tubing and sleeving can go black and red.. Hmm.. while writing, that already seems like a plan
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old June 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
I hear that. ROG boards just have so much flashing red its almost silly. blinka blinka

I have the ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z and I don't think it's too flashy, I think it's just the right amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Indeed... it is a ROG board... I was thinking of getting the black case.. then the tube can be red, sleeving will be black+red (Waiting for my sleeves to arrive)..

I was in fact thinking of going non UV this time.. get white or black tubing, and red leds (or cathodes), will give nice effect to the white blade fans and the white tubing and sleeving can go black and red.. Hmm.. while writing, that already seems like a plan
I like your idea, it would look pretty slick. I am going with red and black sleeved cable extensions, red tubing with black nickel fittings and a red plexi tube res. The only red LEDs will be in the CPU and GPU blocks.
Old June 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

I wanted black fittings.. but I got a very good deal in the BST for monsoon chrome compression fittings.. so I'll stick with those.. And really I think if the chrome is well polished and shiny, the led reflection may look cool.. Seems like we're planning similar setups! :)

Forgot to mention, that scheme would probably look nice on a white case.. NZXT Switch 810 white version..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old June 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It does look we are planning similar builds. I've decided to put mine in the Bitfenix Shinobi XL Windows version. Yours will probably be finished before mine. I won't be ordering my water cooling stuff till mid September.