Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

    
View Poll Results: Fluid + Tubing poll
UV Red tubing + distilled water and killcoil or biocide 8 88.89%
Clear tubing + UV Red fluid 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 01:14 AM
gingerbee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Posts: 6,828

My System Specs

Default

well i agree to much white is bad but if ya go black adn white like are new car all white black trim looks kick booty
__________________
Fav quote "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret." Ronin Harris
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 05:19 AM
Overclocking.ca's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nepean, ON
Posts: 150

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Was considering that too ^^ .. Say if I decide to get the NZXT Switch 810 white ver.. then it'll be black tubing or red.. too much white won't look too good.. we'll see, depends on stock too..
Are you going to be using an ROG board?

If you do end up using the Switch 810 -White will then your primary colour will be white. If you are using an ROG board then red and black will be your accent colours. In that case I would go with red or black tubing. As for which one, I would that will your personal preference, red has been done a lot, so maybe go with black tubing. The only issue with black tubing is it's not as nice IMO as red.

The trick is balance when it comes to a colour scheme. Personally i wouldn't put in any LED fans, too many LED's and you are going to be "ricing" up your build. You'll end being like a kid with a 96 Honda Civic and neon lights everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 09:29 AM
Bungwirez's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 449

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Are you going to be using an ROG board....You'll end being like a kid with a 96 Honda Civic and neon lights everywhere.
I hear that. ROG boards just have so much flashing red its almost silly. blinka blinka
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Are you going to be using an ROG board?

If you do end up using the Switch 810 -White will then your primary colour will be white. If you are using an ROG board then red and black will be your accent colours. In that case I would go with red or black tubing. As for which one, I would that will your personal preference, red has been done a lot, so maybe go with black tubing. The only issue with black tubing is it's not as nice IMO as red.

The trick is balance when it comes to a colour scheme. Personally i wouldn't put in any LED fans, too many LED's and you are going to be "ricing" up your build. You'll end being like a kid with a 96 Honda Civic and neon lights everywhere.
Indeed... it is a ROG board... I was thinking of getting the black case.. then the tube can be red, sleeving will be black+red (Waiting for my sleeves to arrive)..

I was in fact thinking of going non UV this time.. get white or black tubing, and red leds (or cathodes), will give nice effect to the white blade fans and the white tubing and sleeving can go black and red.. Hmm.. while writing, that already seems like a plan
__________________
Intel E8400, Biostar TPower i45
G-Skill PC2-8500 4GB, Saphire HD4870 512mb
Cooler Master HAF 932, Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Overclocking.ca's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nepean, ON
Posts: 150

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
I hear that. ROG boards just have so much flashing red its almost silly. blinka blinka

I have the ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z and I don't think it's too flashy, I think it's just the right amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Indeed... it is a ROG board... I was thinking of getting the black case.. then the tube can be red, sleeving will be black+red (Waiting for my sleeves to arrive)..

I was in fact thinking of going non UV this time.. get white or black tubing, and red leds (or cathodes), will give nice effect to the white blade fans and the white tubing and sleeving can go black and red.. Hmm.. while writing, that already seems like a plan
I like your idea, it would look pretty slick. I am going with red and black sleeved cable extensions, red tubing with black nickel fittings and a red plexi tube res. The only red LEDs will be in the CPU and GPU blocks.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,344
Default

I wanted black fittings.. but I got a very good deal in the BST for monsoon chrome compression fittings.. so I'll stick with those.. And really I think if the chrome is well polished and shiny, the led reflection may look cool.. Seems like we're planning similar setups! :)

Forgot to mention, that scheme would probably look nice on a white case.. NZXT Switch 810 white version..
__________________
Intel E8400, Biostar TPower i45
G-Skill PC2-8500 4GB, Saphire HD4870 512mb
Cooler Master HAF 932, Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Overclocking.ca's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nepean, ON
Posts: 150

My System Specs

Default

It does look we are planning similar builds. I've decided to put mine in the Bitfenix Shinobi XL Windows version. Yours will probably be finished before mine. I won't be ordering my water cooling stuff till mid September.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much tubing and fluid? Pabz0r545 Water Cooling 6 April 29, 2012 06:16 PM
Barb and Tubing Question! Razgrtz Water Cooling 17 December 9, 2011 12:11 PM
Quick question on UV and fittings/tubing Patlabor Water Cooling 7 March 4, 2010 02:14 PM
Water cooling fluid question tzetsin Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 47 February 18, 2008 04:13 PM
Overclock3D on Fluid XP+ HP watercooling fluid Supergrover Reviews & Articles from the Web 0 January 15, 2007 05:08 PM