Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Newb Water Cooling Help

I'm new to this forum and need help with liquid cooling. I have a budget of $500 (U.S.) and I'm think of getting this (images):

+ $3.75 velcro from amazon. Also I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. The current total of these parts is ~$502.84.
Old June 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks good other than the GPU block. Get one in copper or different brand. Unless you like corrosion of course. Keep in mind the shipping cost from all the places you order from will get tacked ontop of that budget of $500.
Old June 22, 2012, 11:54 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Looks good other than the GPU block. Get one in copper or different brand. Unless you like corrosion of course. Keep in mind the shipping cost from all the places you order from will get tacked ontop of that budget of $500.
How is this Danger Den block: DD-GTX580 All Satin Copper Version GPU Cooler for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX-580 Products Model: GPU-6920-SS [GPU-6920-SS] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

I know the shipping will bring it over $500.
Old June 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post

Yea even before the corrosion problem I was not a fan of EK . I would go with the suggestion of Aqaucomputer or heatkiller or a old name that is making its way back is Alphacool with the NexXos blocks.

I just had a few items worth about $250 and the shipping was $40 Can ( I would have bought from Dazmode and saved the shipping but all he sells is EK) .... so you will easily be over $100.
Old June 29, 2012, 06:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That's not true. Daz also stocks Aqua computer, Koolance, & XSPC GPU blocks. He now offers Heatkiller for the newest gen blocks too.
Old June 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I was gonna say the stock is a bit hard to come by but he carries a variety not just EK
Old June 29, 2012, 11:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhatPaulie View Post
I was gonna say the stock is a bit hard to come by but he carries a variety not just EK
Yea I guess I should have said he carries mostly EK .

I just went to register on his site and went to read the "privacy statement" that you have to agree to before you sign up and there is nothing on the page guess I can't sign up , I really would like to find some one in this country to buy from because some places only use UPS and you can get hit hard with brokerage fees and or shipping costs .

"Please acknowledge you agree with our privacy statement by ticking the following box. The privacy statement can be read here."
Old June 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
"Please acknowledge you agree with our privacy statement by ticking the following box. The privacy statement can be read here."
lol. thats funny. I'm pretty sure Daz is working on updating the whole store site.