Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2012, 08:55 AM
Manufacturer Rep

You're better with a RS 360, or a Alphacool NexXxos XT45, putting the fans like this:
BitFenix.com Forums Gaming Rig Showcase
Modding the roof will give you addition space for push pull.

You'll have all the ODD bays used up... But you're not out of luck. See this thread:
BitFenix.com Forums Modder's Corner
Double sided tape/velcro

Project ATTERO won 2nd place at GESL modding competition and will be at PAX Prime.
Old June 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Very nice builds and that gives me some ideas. I might mod the existing drive cage so it doesn't come down as far. I only need 2 or 3 slots at max.

So this is the plan I have for my loop.

Old June 24, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah.. Attero's build was nice and clean and really well laid out.. Yeah all your 5 1/4" bays will be filled, it'll be tight.. I believe you can mount fans under the top plastic cover, if you do.. you can do a pull config only, and no fans inside pushing air out.. Obviously, push/pull doesn't make a whole lot of difference.. Then you might have good room. Lots of people just velcro SSDs at the back or somewhere around the case.. You should only have to worry for space to mount your HDD..

If you mounted your rad the way Attero did (second link), you should have room to mount your HDD on the floor somewhere there, and with the fans pulling air, HDD will get ample air right there for cooling.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old June 24, 2012, 09:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

if I mod the top plastic cover like the first one which I was planning on doing, I can put 3 fans up there, then the rad and another set of rans. the RS360 is 35mm thick and the fans are 25mm for a total of 65mm thick and the space when measured by TTL was 80mm from the roof to the motherboard so that gives me 15mm of free space.

I like the idea of mounting an RS240 like in Attero's build in push pull. Then I can put the HDD on the floor and mount the ssd on the behind the motherboard tray.
Old June 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have another question. I am going to switch to a tube res and then using a compression fitting on the top of the res and go to a fill port to the top of the case. My question can anyone recommend which fill port to get and do they use compression fittings?

Then I was also thinking about draining, would it be worth it to get a T fitting?