Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I am having similar temps with my setup also. I am running an I7 2600k with a WC setup.

It is overclocked to 4.2Ghz at 1.35V with OC Genie II. My cores run at 1=36, 2=33, 3=34, 4=33 using Core Temp. Actually the temps seem better today than yesterday.

Only put the thermal paste (IC Diamond) on Saturday evening.

Hopefully its just a break-in period?
Old June 11, 2012, 08:56 PM
Top Prospect

I'm using primochill ice for fluid.
I haven't used clamps in years,I find as long as the tubing is cut straight they are super tight on the barbs. Only tubing I ever had an issue with was 1/4" with a coolit elite.
I thinker I'm going to get the ap181 fans and see if I get any better results, with nothing else changing
Old June 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Not really if you use good 3/8" tubing on good non-stubby 3/8" fittings. It is almost impossible to pull the tubing off without excessive force.
I would at least go with 7/16 tubing on 1/2 barbs.
clampless is simply not childproof in my world
Old June 12, 2012, 04:48 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think the temps are pretty reasonable for your setup. To lower the temps you'll have to nickle and dime your way to it with multiple small gains as your hardware is pretty nice. Clampless ftw!
Old June 12, 2012, 08:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Clean you rads- 1/2C
Add push/pull, or higher CFM fans- 3/4C
bigger hose- 1/2C
more rad-3-4C
welcome to the bottomless pit known as watercooling and trying to get a few C cooler.
Old June 12, 2012, 11:16 AM
Top Prospect

lol...ya I've been under water for years, and your right. It never ends.
I just remember having better numbers with the 360 and 240, but mind you I had much louder and higher cfm fans on them.
I'm going to give the silverstone fans a go, and might order a new block today.
Old June 20, 2012, 05:01 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
First off, clampless FTW!

Adding another pump won't do anything for performance. All it will do is give you redundancy if the pump fails.

Are your top fans intakes? If they aren't, try doing so.

Moving to a Raystorm isn't going to do much. You might shave 1-2C off. Maybe. The Rasa is still a great performing block.

What I would try to do is just lower your CPU voltage. Most boards on AUTO give way more voltage than is generally required.

+1 Thanks as always Lowfat.
Finally got some time to mess around with this...can't believe I overlooked something so simple. I took the voltage off auto ...dropped it to 1.3 and clocked it up to 4.2 and so far the temps are actually better.
Kinda scares me to what the voltage must have been at for it to be giving me the temps I was previously getting.
Still never got my fans...