Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2008, 07:04 PM
Rookie

Default EK Supreme - Thoughts?

Hi Folks,

Firstly thanks to everyone who has posted on these forums. I discovered the site whilst researching water cooling solutions on Friday evening and then spent most of the weekend reading through the forums! A tremendous amount of useful information here that's for sure

I'm building a new system with an Intel QX9650 on an Asus P5E3 Deluxe with an ATI 3870 X2 and possibly a plain ATI 3870 for 3 GPUs. Haven't decided on the case yet but I think something from Mountain Mods would make a nice change.

I had pretty much made up my mind on the core components (Thermochill 120.3, MCP655 and D-Tek FuZion) and was trying to nail down the GPUs (going for full coverage coolers) when I was sidetracked by a reference to the EK Supreme. Initial results suggest it is as good as the FuZion but I haven't seen it reviewed properly yet. Anyone have any first hand experience with this cooler?

Cheers,
Ian.
Old April 7, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apparently it cools just as well, but is more restrictive, so it needs its own loop.
Old April 8, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

btw welcome to the forum. In regards to teh blocks. I would personally get the D-tek. Also i too am planning a watercooling mod and just finishd buying everything. One tip on the mountain mods cases. Price Match them. I am getting my H2GO for 172+taxes instead of 239 from ncix since i price matched it. I am also using 2 HD3870 FC EK blocks for my 3850's. I would also recommend either the mcp655 or 355 pump. That rad is awesome i have the 120.1 on my old loop and it's awesome. but i wanted to save money this time around and picked up a dd heater core for 37 bucks. :D

Old April 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll stick with the crowd for now and go with the FuZion (as soon as they are back in stock at NCIX).

One more question, does anyone have any views on how the EK GPU full cover blocks compare to the ones from Danger Den?
Old April 9, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

From what I've heard, both are very good. I really like the workmanship on all the EK parts I have.
Old April 9, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i'll let you know once i get it setup. I have a Danger Den TYEE on one of my machines. As wella s 2 HD3870 EK blocks for my HD3850's