Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
I find them obnoxiously loud, but then again my case isn't exactly made for silence.
They are actually quite a bit quieter than the stock h212 fans coolermaster supplies with their heatsinks. I will probably run the fans at 60-70% speed so I won't really hear them.
Old June 8, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I run mine at 100% while im gaming, so that might be why.
Old June 9, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It seems to me that the res. and pump are at the same level, I would move the res. up higher so the water flows down to the pump.

Old June 9, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
It seems to me that the res. and pump are at the same level, I would move the res. up higher so the water flows down to the pump.
Thanks. I think I'll raise it up. Gravity will help feed the pump.
Old June 9, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Raised the pump ip a bit. I couldn't screw it in as the holes in the mesh are off just by a bit and the res would angle out to the side panel and contact it. Used some velcro and zip ties - good enough.

Old June 14, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Hmmmmmmm..........

So..... I got the blocks mounted. Only one little problem.

I'm not sure what happened, but the ''G34'' acrylic plate holes didnt fit the g34 boltholes on the socket.
It was about a cm off. I'm not sure what they (Danger Den) gave me. Oh well too late now, and I don't want my system to be down. So I just used a washer and went ahead with it.

So in the end I just used a washer with some black tape for grip to grab the corner of the acrylic plate. It isn't great and I'm not particularly happy with it, but the machine is running.

Here are temps:

Keep in mind that these cpus are overclocked using the [H] bios, and the voltage is bumped up on them (rather significantly might I add) using Turion Power Control to eliminate HT retries. I may try the version 2 bios that I think is out which may address the HT retry issue and hopefully I can drop voltage.

h212's at load: (one h212 mount was messed up)

H2O @ idle & H2O @ load

As you can clearly see temps are slightly worse on water than with the with h212's. I don't think this is due to the makeshift mounting that I had to do to mount the blocks as they are very secure. I had to remount the blocks a few times each because I wasn't getting good contact so I know that they are mounted well with good pressure.

I think that because these are very low surface area waterblocks (no micro-channels) I think that this may be a factor, and perhaps I need another rad to improve temps. The one good thing about the water is that the system is whisper quiet; a very considerable improvement over the h212 stock fans.

So I have a little bit of tweaking to do to try and get the temps down a little bit more if I can. They are safe temps, but maybe they can be improved.

Thanks for checkin this out
Old June 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Remounted blocks, spread TIM with a credit card this time, added push/pull fans with fan controller.
Much more respectable load temps now