Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

I had mine mounted with heavy duty velcro pads.. you can get a roll at home depot, one side sticks on the case and the other side to the pump, and sandwich the velcro.. it works!
I also agree with the 3M double sided tape.. the heavy duty stuff (tape of gods as it was referred).. just use it to secure ur pump to the case, and it honestly is going no where..
How are you attaching ur res to it to the pump, using a pump top or ?
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old June 4, 2012, 09:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
I had mine mounted with heavy duty velcro pads.. you can get a roll at home depot, one side sticks on the case and the other side to the pump, and sandwich the velcro.. it works!
I also agree with the 3M double sided tape.. the heavy duty stuff (tape of gods as it was referred).. just use it to secure ur pump to the case, and it honestly is going no where..
How are you attaching ur res to it to the pump, using a pump top or ?
The hose will run from the pump to the resevoir which will be directly above it. The resevoir will have a compression fitting and the pump will be clamped.

What's a pump top?
Old June 4, 2012, 10:02 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I'll mention, that the mousepad does work. One of those rubbery soft ones! It helps my Iwaki... A LOT
I think I need a new mouse pad anyways. Plus this Goliathus is so big I could make like 10 of them.
Old June 5, 2012, 04:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

if a pump vibrates that much, RMA it for it not designed to be vibrator unless swift cheeze is buying factory seconds

best thing to do is open pump an look at center bearing where the balance holes are and the weights are in the lateral area of ball of the rotor/impeller
Old June 5, 2012, 04:54 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Silicone pads.

Get some muffin tins, or cake tins, or w/e shape will be easiest to cut to spec. Fill said tins with silicone, and let it dry. Cut the material off the silicone after it has hardened then cut the piece of silicone to spec. You can even just affix it to the pump with a zip tie.
Old June 5, 2012, 06:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
Silicone pads.

Get some muffin tins, or cake tins, or w/e shape will be easiest to cut to spec. Fill said tins with silicone, and let it dry. Cut the material off the silicone after it has hardened then cut the piece of silicone to spec. You can even just affix it to the pump with a zip tie.
I'm really liking this idea... a person could probably use just about any retail calking product as well. Just ensure that you give it enough time to dry.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 5, 2012, 12:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Very interesting ideas. I will be heading to Home Depot today to weigh my options.
Old June 5, 2012, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

note coat the tins with baby powder so prevent silicone from sticking or use wax paper
Old June 5, 2012, 01:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
note coat the tins with baby powder so prevent silicone from sticking or use wax paper
How would I guarantee that the top dries flat?
Old June 5, 2012, 01:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
Silicone pads.

I suspect this is how Petra's makes their gel pads.