Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old April 3, 2008, 04:10 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,973

My System Specs

Default

Radiator barb at the bottom of the case.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old April 3, 2008, 04:16 PM
magictorch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Annapolis Valley, NS
Posts: 1,836
Default

but the melting point of copper is a 1000oc-perhaps it just warps at around 80-100oc-very interesting but at least it has a happy ending
__________________
White Night:: i7920 (4ghz), Rampage III extreme (A1), Mushkin XP 1600 (9,9,9,24),SLI480., white MM horizon.
CPU: Feser 220 int.|Apogee GTZ|S.Res.rev2| MCP655.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old April 3, 2008, 04:23 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,973

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
but the melting point of copper is a 1000oc-perhaps it just warps at around 80-100oc-very interesting but at least it has a happy ending
The copper base is fine. It is the delrin top that is melted.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old April 3, 2008, 04:28 PM
magictorch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Annapolis Valley, NS
Posts: 1,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
The copper base is fine. It is the delrin top that is melted.
Oh I see-I thought it was the copper spikes like in the apogee GT pretty impressive all the same
__________________
White Night:: i7920 (4ghz), Rampage III extreme (A1), Mushkin XP 1600 (9,9,9,24),SLI480., white MM horizon.
CPU: Feser 220 int.|Apogee GTZ|S.Res.rev2| MCP655.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old April 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 62
Default

You should see if your manufacturing warranty covers this =) or see if they can do anything for you ..thats bad man but good to know you didnt destroy any other expensive hardware.
__________________
Intel P4 2.0Ghz @ 3.5Ghz ON AIR! >> FTW?!
Heatware
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old April 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,973

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primu$ View Post
You should see if your manufacturing warranty covers this =) or see if they can do anything for you ..thats bad man but good to know you didnt destroy any other expensive hardware.
Well it wasn't their fault it melted. I emailed them the day it happened to see if I could just buy a replacement top, but they never got back to me.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old April 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Well it wasn't their fault it melted. I emailed them the day it happened to see if I could just buy a replacement top, but they never got back to me.
Well GL with a replacement top man cuz if u have to buy a complete new one thats crappy. more money down the drain.
Good thing that wasnt a melted video card.
__________________
Intel P4 2.0Ghz @ 3.5Ghz ON AIR! >> FTW?!
Heatware
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes