Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11, 2007, 02:12 PM
Misoprostol

Don't forget your radiator in that planned loop order.

The only time the order of your loop makes a difference is when you're using a t-line. Your loop will bleed exactly the same with a reservoir regardless of how you set it up.

Shrouds are good, but their impact on performance is minimal. Dont' worry about it.

The rad can be higher than the reservoir without causing any problems.
Old July 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

lol yeah that would be a big problem if i actually forgot that.
ok.. here is what i plan
pump -> cpu block -> chipset -> rad -> res -> pump

thanks for the insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
Don't forget your radiator in that planned loop order.

The only time the order of your loop makes a difference is when you're using a t-line. Your loop will bleed exactly the same with a reservoir regardless of how you set it up.

Shrouds are good, but their impact on performance is minimal. Dont' worry about it.

The rad can be higher than the reservoir without causing any problems.
Old July 11, 2007, 03:04 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somed00d View Post
lol yeah that would be a big problem if i actually forgot that.
ok.. here is what i plan
pump -> cpu block -> chipset -> rad -> res -> pump

thanks for the insight.
Nope, not quite. It's:

pump - rad - cpu - chipset - res - back to pump.

You want to have the "coldest" water to cool the CPU as much as possible. What's your case?

John
Old July 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
Top Prospect

the case is a canada computers house brand.. just like this one:
Canada Computers - Cases > Clearance : Duke P4 ATX Mid Tower Case with 450w PS (White-Silver) FC-DU09AL-WE/SV.

but black.. has 3x120mm fans (1xfront 1xrear 1xleft side) and a 80mm fan mount on the right side to cool the drives. not a bad case for $40..
i may mod the top of the case for the rad or upgrade to an antec 900 and put it in the front...
Old July 12, 2007, 09:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Smile hey got an antec 900 and need advice

to keep it short antec 900 case wonding what tubing would be best im going to make my own pump buy rad and only need cpu buy tubbing at home deopt or something lol, im in usa btw. so will this cluterd case fit 1/2 id tubing i doubt it but eh im asking experts. heres my link to my comp so far reaverclan/comp log/c2d setup - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting or do i even need water i have awsome temps right now
like 42c at load with air.
edit: heres temps pic that when running like four games all at max including Oblivion maxed out with out artifacts:) OHNOHEDIDNT.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

cherrs and thanks for the help

Last edited by reaverclan; July 12, 2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: pic placement fix
Old July 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan View Post
to keep it short antec 900 case wonding what tubing would be best im going to make my own pump buy rad and only need cpu buy tubbing at home deopt or something lol, im in usa btw. so will this cluterd case fit 1/2 id tubing i doubt it but eh im asking experts. heres my link to my comp so far reaverclan/comp log/c2d setup - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting or do i even need water i have awsome temps right now
edit: heres temps pic that when running like four games all at max including Oblivion maxed out with out artifacts:) OHNOHEDIDNT.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First first, could we get your computers specs ?

Second, why do you want to get watercooling ?

Third, are those temps with an overclocked CPU or GPU ?

Normally, ppls get watercooling to push their watercooling further. Now, i do realize that some will get it for the "bling" factor and only for that... But if thats why your aiming at watercooling, then, IMO, it's useless to go watercooling.

Oh and BTW: Your English is terrible. Had a hard time understanding you Kinda hard to help when you can't understand the questions!
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old July 13, 2007, 10:38 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriote View Post
First first, could we get your computers specs ?

Second, why do you want to get watercooling ?

Third, are those temps with an overclocked CPU or GPU ?

Normally, ppls get watercooling to push their watercooling further. Now, i do realize that some will get it for the "bling" factor and only for that... But if thats why your aiming at watercooling, then, IMO, it's useless to go watercooling.

Oh and BTW: Your English is terrible. Had a hard time understanding you Kinda hard to help when you can't understand the questions!
oh sorry about my English it was 5 in the morning when i made that and, my grammar sucks i know(sorry) anyway umm specs... antec900, Asrock dual4coreVSTA, e6420@2.3grz, x1950pro 512mb's, x-fi extreme gamer i think, corsair 620 psu, 2gb's kingston ddr2 (cpu z 1.39 says its at 677 mrz 3-3-3-3, but cpu-z 1.40 says 210mrz 3-3-3-3 which is probally whats its at).
Old July 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
oh sorry about my English it was 5 in the morning when i made that and, my grammar sucks i know(sorry) anyway umm specs... antec900, Asrock dual4coreVSTA, e6420@2.3grz, x1950pro 512mb's, x-fi extreme gamer i think, corsair 620 psu, 2gb's kingston ddr2 (cpu z 1.39 says its at 677 mrz 3-3-3-3, but cpu-z 1.40 says 210mrz 3-3-3-3 which is probally whats its at).
If the board is setting it as 3-3-3-3, I can almost guarantee that it's running at the 210 speeds. That's not all that bad though, you're probably getting some mighty fine bandwidth with your latencies set so low.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Bah, seriously m8, i don't think you need watercooling. And that 900 case is one of the worst case out there for watercooling. But if you really want to get watercooling, i'll help you out for sure!
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old July 13, 2007, 02:52 PM
Misoprostol

Quote:

Antec 900 is a pretty horrible water cooling case...

Also, how are you planning to make your own pump? PC Water cooling pumps are quite inexpensive...

Where are you reading 42C with air? Is that load temps?