Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10, 2012, 03:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default fan direction on rad

Hi I have a liquid cooling unit and was wondering if its better to pull cold air from outside of the case instead of warm air inside the case. I dont really have an understanding of how these units work but I read that somewhere and was wondering if this matters or not.
Old April 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenger View Post
Hi I have a liquid cooling unit and was wondering if its better to pull cold air from outside of the case instead of warm air inside the case. I dont really have an understanding of how these units work but I read that somewhere and was wondering if this matters or not.
Inside out.
Old April 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

correct always pull outside air through rad then exhaust out rear of case or PSU fan suck it out

nets best proformance
Old April 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Best performance is pulling cold air from outside the case. However, if you have a dusty room your rad fins will collect dust quite fast especially at lower fan speeds. If you have a fairly cool case or at least have one with good airflow that can isolate most of the GPU heat then you can take air in from the case and push it out allowing you to have dust filters on the rest of the case intake fans which won't affect the airflow over the rad.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.