Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Want to replace my 360 rad (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/51797-want-replace-my-360-rad.html)

clshades February 20, 2012 08:05 PM

Want to replace my 360 rad

I've been using a used 360 rad for some time now but would like to replace it with something new. I like to overclock my cpu and VID card. Currently using the raystorm on a crosshair V and I'm just wondering what people would be using if they had the choice. I use quiet low RPM fans as well.

I like shopping with Dazmode but I'm always open to suggestions.

cheers

lowfat February 20, 2012 08:35 PM

What do you have now? Don't expect to get huge gains by getting a new radiator. It isn't going to be more than 1-2 degrees in difference. But if you are also doing it for aesthetics then look at the XSPC RX360. It is a great radiator w/ a low FPI for low speed fans.

Adzsask February 20, 2012 09:30 PM

I'm guessing an XSPC RS/RX 360, and if it is the RX like I have, your going to have to shell out some major cash to get a boost in performance from the same sized rad.
The price will hurt your soul a little, but this is the top dog short of limited edition rad.
Aquacomputer_Airplex__360_Radiator_-_Copper_Fins_-_Dual_Circuit_
Or this beast
MagiCool_Limited_Edition_Monsta_420/360_Triple_120mm_140mm_Xtreme_Performance_Radiator

zsamz_ February 20, 2012 10:17 PM

adding a second rad :thumb:
replacing a rad for 1-2c:blarg:

ZeroFlux February 20, 2012 10:25 PM

I am just waiting for my Black Ice SR1 360, i think that rad or as other have mentioned the RX

clshades February 21, 2012 07:53 PM

Thanks for the posts.

I'm not really looking for huge temp decrease just wanting to actually buy a NEW rad. The one I have is used and bashed up a little but I couldn't afford a new one when I built the loop way back when. I'm more concerned about this one getting leaky while I'm working out of town. It's a folder ;)

God that Aqua rad is pretty schweet

ZeroFlux February 21, 2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clshades (Post 604418)
Thanks for the posts.

I'm not really looking for huge temp decrease just wanting to actually buy a NEW rad. The one I have is used and bashed up a little but I couldn't afford a new one when I built the loop way back when. I'm more concerned about this one getting leaky while I'm working out of town. It's a folder ;)

God that Aqua rad is pretty schweet

I had to hold off on that aqua rad... it was sooo tempting if the price wasnt 1 1/2 times more than my next choice

r3v07ut10n February 24, 2012 06:06 AM

Wow that aqua rad is sick.. but damn expensive.

matari February 24, 2012 09:40 PM

HW SR-1 prolly best choice for low RPM fans. Just be warned; the radiator has a shroud and forces you put fan one side.

howpet February 25, 2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clshades (Post 604044)
I've been using a used 360 rad for some time now but would like to replace it with something new. I like to overclock my cpu and VID card. Currently using the raystorm on a crosshair V and I'm just wondering what people would be using if they had the choice. I use quiet low RPM fans as well.

I like shopping with Dazmode but I'm always open to suggestions.

cheers

Rads don"t just "spring" leaks. You can"t get much better cooling than a 360. Hate to say it but you"re probababily setup for the next 10 years or more. Flush the rad, flush and clean the heatsink blocks, new tubing..If you"re into UV.
There"s very little or no pressure in a W/C loop so the rad is the least or last thing to give you problems. Since it"s an older rad the build quality is probably quite good and the upgrades you"re wanting or cooling upgrades should be maybe acomplished thru new waterblocks, but for the loonies you probably won"t notice much difference...and you"re cpu certainly will not!!