Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Need to update my Watercooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/51607-need-update-my-watercooling.html)

r0k0 February 14, 2012 04:12 PM

Need to update my Watercooling

So i've got a no name Rad, banged up a tad some of the fins are bent etc

What i got

Banged up no-name Rad 240
EK Supreme LT Nickel / Plexi
No-Name Pump
Swiftek Square Res
Tygon 3/8" ID Tubing
Thermaltake Coolant

What i want

XSPC RX240, 63mm Thick compared to 45mm no name one i've got
Performance Dual 120mm Radiator XSPC RX240 Performance Dual 120mm Radiator XSPC RX240 [RX240] - $73.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!

So plans have changed.. i will be making a Dual loop setup for my 5970 alone and Mosfet / CPU on the other

EK Spin Bay Black
Swiftech MCP355 Pumps
XSPC DDC Plexi Performance Top
XSPC Performance 65mm Dual 120 Radiator
16ft of TFC 3/8" ID Red Tube
12x Straight Compression Fitting
3x 45 Degres Compression Fitting
4x Barb Clamps
Dazmode Protector
Indigo Xtreme™ Thermal pad LGA 1155

All from our DazMode store

480$ Shipped / Taxes

Will be getting a EK WB for my 5970 and also a EK Plexi Mosfet from another member here

any other recommendation ?

its just a question but i've got a DDC pump with Acetal top that i've planned on my build after the video Daz made and thinking of using the bay res + making a hole in my 5.25 bottem bay and putting the tube threw it and mount my pump underneath the 5.25 for less clutter

This is a layout on paint i've made to show what i what to do

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6...looplayout.png

r0k0 February 16, 2012 12:10 AM

Updated

jibz February 16, 2012 12:33 AM

Hmm, Personally I don't see many benefits to having dual loops especially for the massive increase in cost. Did you consider doing a single loop with single pump?

Also depending on the fans you're using the EX series from XSPC has been shown performing slightly better than the RX at higher fan speeds and I believe the EX is cheaper. If you're using slow fans then the RX is one of the best on the market.

coldcase February 16, 2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 602367)
Hmm, Personally I don't see many benefits to having dual loops especially for the massive increase in cost. Did you consider doing a single loop with single pump?

Also depending on the fans you're using the EX series from XSPC has been shown performing slightly better than the RX at higher fan speeds and I believe the EX is cheaper. If you're using slow fans then the RX is one of the best on the market.

I agree. Why are you doing 2 loops when one loop will be just fine. If you watercool your CPU + your GPU you need a 360 rad surface or equivalent. 240 + 120 etc...That is if you want something that doesn't make a lot of noise. Anyway. Been watercooling for 12 years and I do single loop. Save yourself the trouble and the cash.

r0k0 February 16, 2012 01:03 AM

been told by lots of ppl that my 5970 would heat up the water too much on a single loop.. so i'd rather run a dual loop so that my GPU is alone so i can maximise my overclock on it

Once watercooled.. i'll be heading for the 950Mhz Core and 1350Mhz Memory mark from 800Core / 1100Mem with fans at 60%

Also i know its not good.. but while gaming my i5 runs at 60-65degres but while using Intel Burn test / Prime95 goes up to 80degres and that's also why i want a dual loop

Video lop is uploading atm

KylSp February 16, 2012 08:04 AM

Whomever is telling you that is someone you should probably stop taking advice from.

kosmic February 16, 2012 08:23 AM

+1

I suggest single loop with two pumps (in serie) for redundancy and add radiators to get to your targetted delta T (water T- ambient T = delta T).

r0k0 February 16, 2012 10:19 AM

the one who gave me the advice is the one who had a 5970 watercooled and said that he had to switch to a 1 loop because the 5970 was heating up the system too much because of the heat they generate

jibz February 16, 2012 11:08 AM

O_o

I have 3 gtx 570 at 1.1v heavily overclocked in my single loop and the delta before and after the cards is negligible.

Maybe you're friend didn't have enough air flow/pressure to get air through his rad?

AmuseMe February 16, 2012 11:38 AM

I like to use a single loop, just because it is cleaner and easier to do. I personally would use two pumps (for redundancy. If one dies, you have the other one going still.) Also, just make sure you have enough radiator (with good fans)