Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2012, 09:27 AM
Rookie

Talking My custom WC 600T

Hello Everyone

Over the past few months I have been completing my build. In November 2011 I built the PC sans watercooling and the case you see here. It was being aircooled in a HAF 912 but I couldn't stand to look at it, or the noise it produced while gaming.

Performance was great compared to the Wolfdale I had previously however heat and noise was a factor. The video card would make a whole lot of noise and the CPU was not any better since it was O/C'd to 4.5ghz.

First here, are my PC specs:

**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor]
**Motherboard** | [ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard]
**Memory** | [G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory]
**Hard Drive** | [Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]
**Hard Drive** | [Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk]
**Video Card** | [Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card]
**Case** | [Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case]
**Power Supply** | [Antec 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply]
**Monitor** | [Acer H274HLBMID 27.0" Monitor]
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)]
**Keyboard** | [Rosewill RK-9000RE Wired Slim Keyboard]
**Mouse** | [Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse]

Watercooling Setup

* EX360-DDC XSPC DAZMODE RAYSTORM COMPLETE WATERCOOLING KIT
* Raystorm CPU Block Intel (AMD Braket included)
* EX360 Triple Thin Performance Radiator
* 5.25" Dual Bay Reservoir Pump Combo
* DazMode Storm DDC 3.25 Pump
* 7/16" - 5/8" - Straight Compression Fitting
* XSPC RASA GPU Universal Waterblock
* XSPC 7/16 ID 5/8 OD High Flex Tube 1ft - UV Blue

CPU OC/Temp Change Previously on air my CPU was overclocked at 4.5Ghz @ 1.3V. Under the heaviest of conditions, the CPU would reach roughly 65C. At the moment, the CPU is sitting at 5.0Ghz @ 1.4V. The CPU does not go above 59C when running 12hrs worth of prime testing. After a few hours of playing BF3 or skyrim on ultra settings, the CPU does not go higher then 50C.

GPU OC/Temp Change On air cooling this GPU would be noisy and would get pretty hot. Furmark would easily approach 82C, Ultra BF3/Skyrim would put me between 70-73C. I had the video card unlocked and overclocked to 910/1375 @1.13V. The watercooling allowed me to push my video card extremely far imo. After watercooling I am able to bench my card at 1000mhz core (!!!) and 1500mhz memory @ 1.18V! Unfortunately, this is not stable for gaming even after furmarking, heaven dx11, etc. I settled on 980/1450 @ 1.18V for gaming. The best part, the GPU does not go any higher then 42C under any circumstances. I've played BF3 and Skyrim for hours and the temperature does not budge. It is great. That is a 30C difference over air cooling!

Also, I stuck on MOSFET and VRAM heatsinks onto the video card to help disappointing heat. From the factory there was nothing there other then the residual heat the fans would be giving it after they passed over the hot fins. The DispIO, MemIO and Shader IO do not go over 50C.

Gaming Changes

This improved my BF3 drastically. I found that this card had some difficulty at all ultra settings (AA disabled). It would dip down to 30s and 40's during heavy fights. After overclocking from the stock 800/1250 to 980/1450 this really brought up the minimum frame rate drastically. I rarely find the FPS dipping below 60 now.

My monitor seems to be completely washed out in the photos. It does not look like that in person nor can you see much white at all around the edges. It seems to come through a lot in the pictures.

Click below for the gallery of pictures:
Custom Watercooled 600T - Imgur

I apologize for the lack of quality in the pictures. I don't own the best camera nor do I possess the best photo taking skills.

Feel free to ask any questions. This is my very first custom WC build however I did a ton of research. I didn't get a single leak after putting it together.

Thank you dazmode for the great kit!!
Old February 7, 2012, 02:56 PM
Top Prospect

Nice looking rig. I was not happy with my 600T, the front fan resonated and was loud.... Not enough space for 30mm wide fan, so shallow 25mm fan is used instead and this is pathetic for airflow at lower rpm's....

Never mind, I digress :-) Nice job with your though. Love the white tubing, Primoflex???
Old February 7, 2012, 06:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footman View Post
Nice looking rig. I was not happy with my 600T, the front fan resonated and was loud.... Not enough space for 30mm wide fan, so shallow 25mm fan is used instead and this is pathetic for airflow at lower rpm's....

Never mind, I digress :-) Nice job with your though. Love the white tubing, Primoflex???
Thanks! I can't say I have any problems with the front fan on my 600T. Even with it hooked up to the fan controller set at max there is no resonation, just a big fan at high rpm.

The tubing is actually XSPC UV Blue tubing. In the pictures it comes out really white for some reason. My camera really sucks but its very much a UV BLUE colour in real life.
Old February 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Love it, my buddy has the cas and i must say i am very impressed and wanted to see it WC. great job!
Old February 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks smexy, BTW, your water block is an XSPC raystorm, I own a rasa block and it looks different.
http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/imag...asa-black1.jpg
Old February 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
Looks smexy, BTW, your water block is an XSPC raystorm, I own a rasa block and it looks different.
http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/imag...asa-black1.jpg
You got that bit mixed up. I have a raystorm CPU block, except I have an XSPC RASA GPU block. Two seperate blocks cooling two different things.