Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2008, 08:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yeah thats a good point, I hadn't even CONSIDERED kinking, shit.

Anyways, for the record, I have searched, and based on the mockups I've seen, done to the proper PA120.2 specs, it SHOULD fit into the case, the issue may arrive with it brushing the mobo though, from what I've read other places, and had from you guys, if CAN go with a PA120.2, well, by god I'm going to.

I may also be able to fit a PA120.1 into the hdd bay, I have only half of it used(3 hdds is plenty for me thanks), so would it be better to have maybe 2 PA120.1's, each facing out of the mesh, and perhaps a PA120.2 up top? I can certainly afford it, the only issue will be tubing, if its neccessary I WILL cut into the aluminum of the case, theres already a hole there, it would just be a case of widening it and covering the edges with something to prevent cuts.

So, would that be a good plan for cooling? 2xPA120.1 and 1xPA120.2 is my target, expensive, but I really want to cool my stuff as much as possible. I aim for this to be swappable, so in the next 1-2 years I can just put in a new gpu and block, and plug it into my already setup rad orientation. Plus this case is definately sticking with me, at least for a good year, its roomy enough for my needs(despite people saying its small inside).

So the big issue, is there ANY difference for tubing/coolant?
Old March 17, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When I want to know if something will fit, I make a mock outta cardboard based on the manufactures specs, be pretty easy to whip up a "PA120.2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 17, 2008, 08:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Not a bad idea, might do a mockup tomorrow, if I don't get distracted by my new system:).
Old March 22, 2008, 08:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

So I've decided on a fair bit of my hardware(I did a mockup, and the PA120.2 SHOULD work in my case, given a few minor concessions, if not the MCR220 is going in). I still haven't got a block listed, mostly because I am using nxsource atm, since they actually have the thermochill in stock, but that will change likely, and I will probably go to NCIX.

Anyways, here it is so far:

Primochill PC Ice NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement Clear
Primochill UV Green Dye Bomb for PC ICE/PC PURE/UTOPIA/WATER
Thermochill 1/2IN Chrome Plated Barb Fitting G3/8 Threads *Single Barb*
Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs
Danger Den Single Bay Reservoir 5.25IN 1/2IN Barbs
Thermochill Pa 120.2 Dual 120MM Fan Water Cooling Radiator *No Barbs*

The GPU block will likely be the EK block for the 8800Ultra, any issues seen here? And most importantly, do I need to do any barb replacing for the res? And do I need anything to prevent kinking in my tubing? For that matter, WHAT tubing, is Tygon good enough to be worth the extra cash?
Old March 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Bump, i really want to order this stuff in, but I am not sure if theres anything else I will need, do I need sinks for anything on the gpu or is the EK block sufficient? I'm going with 7/16" ID, so that should be good on all my barbs(went with 1/2" barbs for anything that required me to buy barbs).

Anything else I need to know before I purchase this kit? Is kinking an issue? Do I need that Swiftech wrap stuff? And if so, does it come in black? Thanks.
Old March 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckleBrother View Post
Bump, i really want to order this stuff in, but I am not sure if theres anything else I will need, do I need sinks for anything on the gpu or is the EK block sufficient? I'm going with 7/16" ID, so that should be good on all my barbs(went with 1/2" barbs for anything that required me to buy barbs).

Anything else I need to know before I purchase this kit? Is kinking an issue? Do I need that Swiftech wrap stuff? And if so, does it come in black? Thanks.
The EK is full covrage so no need for sinks.

Kinking can happen if you plan tight turns then smartcoils are very handy. IDK if they come in black, NCIX only has the blue or green right now so no love there.

Fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I just use a few zipties in tight bends. Just wrap them around the tube about 1.5cm apart, and don't over tighten. Plus Zipties are cheap

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old March 24, 2008, 09:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thats a neat idea, I already have fans lined up for this, have some I own already, they move enough air and are quiet enough for my taste.

Well since I'm good, let the destruction of my low visa balance begin!