Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default dazmode raystorm RX360-D5S kit

I am about to hop back into water cooling, and this kit looks pretty good to me. I am not too fond of the reservoir pump combination. Any body have this setup? How loud is it ? i was thinking about getting the D5 Vario pump. this will just be for CPU at the moment, but soon to add in GPU once i get my new card.

case: fractal design define XL.

Last edited by r3v07ut10n; January 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old January 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have RX 360 rasa kit, the pump is kind of loud but not as loud as a spinning HDD so not to bad, but the bad part is once the pump goes, you pay 1/2 the price of the kit for new pump/res combo. For $40 more grab an EK kit and then you get a solid pump that is up-gradable/replaceable.(many users of XSPC pump/res have had to replace in 2 years or less if anything other then CPU is cooled)
Old January 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sorry i meant raystorm Uber kit rx360-D5S
Old January 19, 2012, 12:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

i Just got the 240 version and It's good, I too am not fond of the rez, pump combo at all and will be putting my D5 Vario back on its stand as soon as I get a new Cylinder Rez picked up. It's very quiet overall using the stock fans on the rad.
Old January 19, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i was really thinking about getting right back into custom loops adn would really love to see some performance results of the raystorm kits from folks who have them already thanks
Old January 19, 2012, 03:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Mine is ordered up :) should be here Monday. Hopefully i get my new case tomorrow!

LOL great service, ordered and shipped same day. Only thing i was disappointed in was he had no black fittings, i was stuck with getting silver. I guess i will just paint them Red. I am working with a black/white/red theme
Old January 19, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I am using a raystorm for amd with the d5 strong from dazmode. Been excellent so far. I can't give a proper performance really as I'm using ultra quiet low RPM fans on a very old 360 rad. Vid card is in the loop too but has no effect on folding as I don't fold with it.

@3.5 ghz the system folds at around 40-45c with 3 fans at around 400rpm maybe lower.

I didn't see the point to the vario pump as it's next to impossible to reach the dial inside the dual bay resi. The reason I like the bay resi's is it's the best place for a resi... so much wasted space and just keeps everything clean and easy to work with. I just add a little extra tubing so I can slide it out to top up if needed. A syringe can reach no problem tho. Only disappointment was the LED light doesn't fit exactly right and fallls out. I fixed this by single wrapping some clear tape around it. It would be nice if it had a clip to hold it in.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 19, 2012, 03:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well i have a CM hyper 212+ - i2500k , Ambient temp is 70F.
idle @ 1600mhz 32C
folding 24/7 @ 4.5ghz 56C avg. MAX 59

I guess once i get the loop going i will check.

This is what i am after, with my own twist

[Project] Rusty Cage - Fractal Design Define XL - GPU waterblocks installed (new pics!)

Last edited by r3v07ut10n; January 19, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old January 19, 2012, 07:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It is a great deal and it is a serious custom loop.

The d5 vario is a good idea too imo. You can turn it to 1 and then undervolt it with a controller. It's all about performance with no noise!

Be sure to buy the upgraded thick, noiseless rad with much less FPI. The stock fans are ok, but have room for improvment.

Good luck water cooling!
Old January 23, 2012, 06:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I got it all installed, runs great. I will need to get some better fans and a few cosmetic upgrades ( psu cable extension kits - RED ). Also going to cut a hole in the bottom plate to allow tubes to pass through so it will be more effecient and add in a LCD temp probe to boot. Working on the plexi glass cover as well.

I must have done seomthing wrong as the dazmode protector is reacting with something. Its make this foam/scum in my reservoir and yes i did pre clean out the rad. I will just redo the entire colling when i finish my mods.

BEFORE

AFTER