Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   CPU running way too hot (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/50477-cpu-running-way-too-hot.html)

guster11 January 14, 2012 07:21 PM

CPU running way too hot

I recently installed an xspc rasa 750 rs360 kit on my i7 2600k, and after a becnhmark at only 4.6 Ghz today, it hit 95 degrees celsius. I mean, the only thing i can think that is causing the problem is the lack of a backplate, due to the fact it wouldn't even come closing to lining up with my maximus IV motherboard. Any help or ideas are really appreciated, thanks!

Supergrover January 14, 2012 07:35 PM

Could be air in the loop or a bad mount. Did you leaktest the bubbles out? if so I would say remount the block and try again.

lowfat January 14, 2012 08:44 PM

If you aren't using the backplate there is a good chance you have a poor mount on the waterblock. Have you tried making the cuts needed to get the backplate to work?

guster11 January 14, 2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 590450)
If you aren't using the backplate there is a good chance you have a poor mount on the waterblock. Have you tried making the cuts needed to get the backplate to work?

There was no way to modify the backplate to fit other than use the screw parts as serperate pieces, which i did do. Are there any other mounting brakets that work with the rasa 750?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 590427)
Could be air in the loop or a bad mount. Did you leaktest the bubbles out? if so I would say remount the block and try again.

Yeah, there is no air in it, I leaktested the crap out of the loop. Thanks for the advice!

jibz January 14, 2012 09:09 PM

sounds like the CPU block isn't mounted at all if just barely. Or the pump isn't working?

Birk January 14, 2012 09:15 PM

my guess is no backplate is leaving too much space in the mount.

guster11 January 14, 2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birk (Post 590462)
my guess is no backplate is leaving too much space in the mount.

Kinda what I've been thinking, but is there any backplates that are compatible with the block? I need a new one kinda.
edit: actually i'll try the lga 2011 fix kit. Thanks for the help guys!

Oh one more questions as a water cooling noob, when I swap the mounting screws, should i drain the loop?

KaptCrunch January 14, 2012 09:59 PM

unless you think something in loop, should be ok just be careful of hoses not to pop off for i can't see what/feel using for clamps

C0llateralDamag3 January 23, 2012 08:42 AM

Air in Loop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 590427)

Stupid question for a new builder - how do you get the air out of the loop? I definitely have bubbles and I'm pretty sure that's why my temps run higher then they should.

Currently idles around 31c and under prime95 66c. Not horrible but should be better -

I have a RX360 in a push/pull setup.

thoughts?

jibz January 23, 2012 08:58 AM

It seems awkward but to help bleed your systems you need to lean your case over in all directions and give it a little shake to try to get trapped air out from all the little pockets, especially if you have a top mounted radiator you may want to flip your case upside down for a second.