Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21
So what next? do you think it will work bolted to the fins of the stock cooler or is it going to work much better sanded down and pushed onto the copper tubes?
whats the material on GPU alu or copper

note the back GPU is larger then front

may have to make own adapter for then cut tubes renders orginale SH trash a non RMA item
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; January 4, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old January 4, 2012, 09:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So after looking at the cooler and how its build I think I have a better ideal will have to only use one Water block.

but I will get the torch out and bent the Main gpu cooler to the left over top the right one with enough space for a very thin flat fan to fit in between the two sets of Heat spreaders.

Then I will file down the stock coolers aluminum copper block and bolt the water block to it as for some reason there is mounting holes on the top of it.

Then I have a spare water block and lots more room in my case for another 6970 if need be.

What do you guys think worth a shot? if it all breaks then I just use the water cooler and my massive pile of Copper Vram heat spreaders hahaha
Old January 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

no torch from back side remove SH and bent by hand

try getting some copper flat bar or block for diagram above will allow both blocks used

and stock fans used to cool ram vrm

Last edited by KaptCrunch; January 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old January 5, 2012, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So after giving it tons of thought I am just going to bolt the Rasa onto the GPU direct and use heat spreaders on my ram, I will also move the 240mm can from the top of my tower to the side so it blows tons of air onto the card. Today I got a new Tee for my water system and wanted to know where is the best point to put the fill drain tube on a watercooled setup?
Old January 5, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay out of lazyness and the fact I am fixing 3 people on heres RMA issues at the current moment I half assed my project for now.

So due to the fact I had to drive my boss home sick from work today I forgot to bring home my testing kit, within said testing kit is about 4 different kinds of Vram heat spreaders so the red circles/Ovals are where I will be putting them.

Do I need to do anything else?