Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Deciding on a new Case & Custom Loop (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/49790-deciding-new-case-custom-loop.html)

siegfx December 27, 2011 05:50 AM

Deciding on a new Case & Custom Loop

Hi Guys, As you can see in my System spec, I am currently using the H100

However very soon, I am planning to change my setup to the Rampage IV Extreme + 3930K.

Currently I am planning to get the Corsair Obsidian 800D as my new case (as I am not very satisfied with my Level 10 GT).
If you guys have any suggestion for a better case, please let me know.. =)

With the Obsidian 800D, I am now able to fit 360mm Radiator, so currently I am thinking about getting this one for a starter
XSPC Rasa 750 RS360
Would that be any good?
If you can suggest me of individual parts, that'll be great!

I am very new to custom loop, and am still afraid of picking my own stuff x_x
I live in Western Australia, and no local store has any water cooling parts.
Currently my only choice for a wide range of parts is only www.pccasegear.com
Please have a look when you're free, and help me out! XD
Thanks guys

clshades December 27, 2011 06:14 AM

I would stay away from the XSPC pumps. I have 2 of them and I don't like them any more. 1st of all if the pump dies you cannot replace them so you need a new pump/resi when they do. 2nd they simply don't have enough power to pump anything more than a cpu.

Dazmode has some Raystorm kits that are fantastic. The d5 pump is amazing imo. It is more quiet than the loudest fan I have which are ALL silent low RPM fans. You will really like these setups Daz has put together and the extra money you spend will save you money down the road. When my xspc pump/resi started to die it cost me 230 dollars to fix.

The Raystorm CPU block may or may not support the 3930; however, it is such a popular block that if you needed to sell it down the road it will sell very quickly. Especially on this site. I love my raystorm block. If you wanna swap parts out in those kits Daz should help you do that. EG: barbs for compression etc.

matari December 27, 2011 06:52 AM

If you plan a LGA 2011 setup, you will need a case with decent airflow (especially around the socket). The 800D has horrible airflow and requires tweaking to get manageable airflow. I would not recommend the case for that setup. However, there really isn't any case with better airflow in the 250 USD price range that can fit push/pull triple radiator.

As far as liquid cooling goes, XSPC kit is not a bad choice. However, you will not see a huge increase in performance (if any) over self contained loop. Choosing parts for a custom loop is not too difficult, just stay away from any nickel plated blocks, unless of course you are willing to pay a high quality plater to do the job.

clshades December 27, 2011 07:07 AM

The main thing wrong with the xspc pump/resi combo is you can't replace the pump. It's impossible. You'll get a couple years out of it though.

siegfx December 27, 2011 08:57 AM

Hmmmm..... so U guys think the Obsidian 800D Is not good enough to hold my setup?
My Current case the Level 10 GT has a nice air flow in it.. but It wont hold the 360mm radiator.. x_x

For now, I'll only be cooling the CPU.. But in the future I'm planning to Cool 2 Graphic cards and probably the motherboard too...

So a CPU waterblock like this is no good cuz its nickel?

matari December 28, 2011 06:48 AM

The 800D has horrible airflow at stock. The rear fan needs to be reversed, and you will need to upgrade to stronger fans. The GPU area will always run hot; not much you can do. heat will always be an issue with large full tower cases.

CaseLabs Aluminum Computer Cases is the current king of watercooling chassis. However, the case will set you back 500 USD and at 300 to ship it across the pond.

siegfx December 28, 2011 07:08 AM

Hmm... yeah Agreed, compared to my current case, the 800D does seem like it needs more airflow to the gpu... u guys got any other solution for a full tower?
I don't really like the caselabs cases... I don't want a bulky case like that.. x__x

The Great ImageFap Troll December 28, 2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegfx (Post 583973)
Hmm... yeah Agreed, compared to my current case, the 800D does seem like it needs more airflow to the gpu... u guys got any other solution for a full tower?
I don't really like the caselabs cases... I don't want a bulky case like that.. x__x

If money is not a problem, you should go with the silverstone tj11, you can fit 4x140mm radiator at the basement, and the inverted motherboard tray plus the penetrator fans make it also awsome at air cooling.If money is a problem go with the Xigmatek Elysium, it as alot of room and decent air cooling. If you do not like the xigmatek just go for a HAF X

siegfx December 28, 2011 07:56 PM

the TJ11 is really nice.. but I don't like how the window is on the right side... the HAF X is roomy, but It doesnt suit my style... I like the sleek simple style like the 800D or the TJ11..
I'm planning to fit 1 Closed loop for the cpu (probably only a 120m rad) , and a custom loop for the rest of my hardwares (possibly with 3x 120mm rad).
I have read some forum right here where he changes the cooling direction of the stock 800D
If I do change it into something like that, It should be fine right?

siegfx December 28, 2011 08:09 PM

Owh, What about the Silverstone TJ07 ?