Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   What Size Hose Clamps for 1/2"ID 3/4"OD Tube with 1/8" wall (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/49564-what-size-hose-clamps-1-2-id-3-4-od-tube-1-8-wall.html)

r3quiem December 19, 2011 12:04 PM

What Size Hose Clamps for 1/2"ID 3/4"OD Tube with 1/8" wall

Hey everyone I'm just about ready to do water cooling and was wondering what size hose clamps I should get for my tube size?

I already have some spring clamps but I'm hearing that those aren't great for thick walled tubes like the one I have. (PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD with 1/8" Wall - UV Red)

Barbs:1/2"
Tube ID: 1/2"
Tube OD: 3/4"
Tube Wall: 1/8"

Thank you =)

dandelioneater December 19, 2011 12:24 PM

Zip ties work well for hose.

Keywork December 19, 2011 12:32 PM

I've got the same tubing but in blue and I used the metal Koolance clamps. No complaints and they looks very nice.

sswilson December 19, 2011 12:42 PM

As far as the size is concerned.... 3/4" OD is the outer dimension of your tubing.... anything designed with that in mind should work fine.

r3quiem December 19, 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelioneater (Post 581439)
Zip ties work well for hose.

Thanks, I thought about zip ties but they are kinda hard to take off if I do need to quickly make a change.

Quote:

I've got the same tubing but in blue and I used the metal Koolance clamps. No complaints and they looks very nice.
I also got these Koolance spring clamps and I pm'ed a question about them if you don't mind.

Quote:

As far as the size is concerned.... 3/4" OD is the outer dimension of your tubing.... anything designed with that in mind should work fine.
Thanks, will check to see if home hardware has any for this size. =)

Masteroderus December 19, 2011 03:48 PM

Alternate solution: use 7/16 inner diameter tube instead of 1/2'' . You can then pressure fit it without clamps.

Amarthfea December 19, 2011 05:13 PM

I'd advise against pressure fitting tubing, even pros who do pressure fitting still suggest using a tiny ziptie for safety.

Home hardware, CT, whatever your local hardware store is will have adjustable gear clamps (it'll be something like 1/2" - 1"). if you don't crank them down to hard they are a easy for multiple uses.

Although after about a year they do start to bite into the tubing, but realistically you should be cleaning your loop at least once a year anyways :thumb:

matari December 19, 2011 06:07 PM

Rule 1: Always use a clamp.

I would use Koolance clamps only on a barb or nozzle that is mostly cylindrical. You're asking for trouble putting those clamps on a typical bitspower barb.

r3quiem December 19, 2011 08:57 PM

Thanks for tips everyone. I'll try it and get back to you on the results after a couple leak tests.

clshades December 20, 2011 02:42 AM

i like teh koolance clamps myself.