Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2008, 06:29 PM
Top Prospect

Alright well now that the case is out of the way I can move onto other matters.

So what is the best choice for coolant?
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for non-conductive coolant, though I'm not sure which brand to go for. And how much more effective is distilled water than such coolants? If I did use water, I think I might use 7/16 tubing over 1/2 fittings just to make sure it's sealed.

After that I just need to figure out which mobo, so I'll pop over there now.
Old March 6, 2008, 08:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

Truthfully, I say just use distilled water + addictive, much cheaper and as long as your careful you don't need to worry about frying your parts in the first place.
Old March 7, 2008, 02:56 AM
Misoprostol

Feser One has just become available in Canada. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things, and this colour looks sexy: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...re=Feser%20One
Old March 7, 2008, 10:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

Hehe, so true, I'm picking up a couple bottles just to see the stuff in person. The black looks amazing, and I'm tempted to check out the orange out of curiosity. Also thinking of picking up a couple of those Primochill dye bombs to see how they turn out.

Got to withhold myself...or I'll have an order of like $200 worth of coolants which I would end up reviewing. <_<
Old March 7, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've read (can't remember source) that even the non-conductive fluids do become slightly conductive over time as it will pick up ions from the copper in the system. Don't forget water is non-conductive as well if it's pure enough, it only becomes conductive when stuff is dissolved in it. I'm sure though that the "non-conductive" fluids have a much reduced tendency to pick up the ions.

Also water is non as destructive as rumors make it out to be. I had a system running a 15% glycol/DI water mix that the pump blew up on and blasted water in a 4 foot radius. After the coolant evaporated some of my stuff didn't work. I washed off the residue with a solvent and that brought everything back to life. Even my new HDD was sitting in a puddle of coolant and it still works and that was about 3 years ago. On my new rig i'm just going to try DI with a touch of algaecide.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old March 7, 2008, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I want the Black stuff! I am also going to re-do my loop. Found a sweet hardware store with all sorts of 1/2 Brass fittings and L's an T's, as well as some crazy thick tubing! From what I can tell the tubing is 1/2, however the measurements listed are metric, time to get the calculator out! But it is thick! Like, 4-5mm thick walls!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old March 7, 2008, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

Anyone know how the Feaser One compares to the Fluid XP+? I'm digging the blood red, but its pretty pricey. Primochill also has some stuff. I still would like to find something that compares all the major coolants as well as distilled water.
Old March 7, 2008, 03:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

I've been hearing amazing things about Feaser One, apparently it gives better temps then Fluid XP.
Old March 8, 2008, 12:29 AM
Top Prospect

I think I'm gunna go with the feser one uv black.
It should look pretty awesome with blue coils in the aurora 570.
Old March 9, 2008, 06:05 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Anyone know how the Feaser One compares to the Fluid XP+? I'm digging the blood red, but its pretty pricey. Primochill also has some stuff. I still would like to find something that compares all the major coolants as well as distilled water.

hi all my first post here..........

here is something to read up on how they compare

bit-tech.net | Watercooling Fluid Shootout - Introduction, FluidXP+

Alan