Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 09:10 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Waterblock for Palit GTX 560 Ti 2GB

Does anyone know if there's a waterblock that fits this card? or if the waterblock for the reference 560 ti's work? Thanks.

P.S. Is this card any good?
Old November 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

IIRC Palit and Gainward always do non-reference for some reason. EVGA usually does at some point eventually, but not always, too.

EK has blocks (here) for them regardless, you can probably pick them up through Daz if you ask nicely.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 30, 2011, 09:31 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

So will all of those listed work with the card?
Old November 30, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The 'universal' are just blocks with modifiable mounting hole accessories for the GPU alone...you'd need to add your own ramsinks and customize it to fit each card. But it could go on later cards you purchase.

The full cover at the top is a complete GPU/RAM cover, kind of like the stock cooler on cards, but water cooled.
Quote:
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
Top Prospect

The full cover waterblock listed is the one originally for the 460 sonic.

I am unsure of the compatibility, there are a few changes in the location of capacitors. I highlighted the caps I noticed first, but later realised the ones closer to the core are more spread out on the 560. The final thing is that they only marked it as visual, meaning they only look at it, rather than test it.

As for if it is good, well it performs just as well as any other 560 I would assume. If you can, I would get a different brand, one that is known for reference designs.

Old November 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good catch! I dont think the caps will matter, usually full cover blocks only go as far as the VREGS, which are just to the left of the caps. Still, its a 'what if'. I think someone would have posted about it since you're not likely to be the first dude to buy this block ;)
Quote:
Old December 2, 2011, 09:07 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

That's fine for me. If I were going to get a couple of waterblocks for these in SLI, I wouldn't be able to afford the full waterblocks anyway. :( tight budget.... sigh*
Old December 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

You can alwys check what parts were cooled by the standard cooling of the card: my msi gtx 460 cyclone cooler did not touch anything else except core, so i tought a swiftech mcw-60 might be enough. Turns out there's no problem at all! I added copper heatsink and a fan over the vrm to overclock to the max.

Those universal blocks are usually enough for the mid-range gpu like yours and mine. The high-end ones (470/570 and up) will need full cover blocks, as there is more than just the core to cool, and the core itself is producing way more watts to dissipate.