Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2011, 12:23 AM
Rookie

Default Water Cooling Help

Hello guys I am gonna start this thread to ask for suggestions about water cooling.
I'm currently running a
  1. i7 2600k (3.8 at the moment) --- wanna water cool
  2. Sapphire Radeon 6970 2G PCIE --- wanna water cool
  3. 4G Kingston HyperX 1866(will upgrade later) --- i dont think i have to water cool this
  4. ASrock p67 Extreme4 Gen3. --- I am not having heat problems on my mobo so i'll pass on this as I have a very low budget. I wont be able to go higher than $400
Other specs are irrelevant at the moment as I have no plans on cooling my HDD.

I wanna watercool my CPU and GPU and I've already done searches on Frozencpu.com and Xoxide.com but I just couldn't decide what cooling kit to use or looping plan to go to.
When i configure a kit on Frozencpu the prices goes as high as $340 (without tax/shipping)
This includes
  1. EK radeon 6970
  2. Danger Den DD-CPX Pro (ive heard that the swiftech mcp655 is good but isn't 1200L water flow too fast?)
  3. Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir
  4. Tubes/fittings/barbs/clamps/fluid included
And i think that it's too much. And I've seen this Bigwater 760 plus kit? is this thing any good? it seems too cheap but I dont know. Oh and I do have a CPU water block and a 2x120mm Radiator from my old kit. I switched to air cooling 2 months ago coz my previous system leaked and burned my Gtx 560 ti. I have no problems on my CPU heat (24C idle, 44C load), but my card is too hot (56C idle, 75-88C load).

I currently am looking at the following kits:
  1. Thermaltake Bigwater 760 lus
  2. XSPC Rasa 750
  3. Koolance Exos-2 v2 755 (this one is quite expensive but I've heard good reviews on this and I might be able to squeeze the extra cash for the better performance/quality)
-------------------------------------------------
I apologize if I got some grammar errors. English is my 2nd language. If something is unclear please ask me in the thread as I am trying my best to be on point. Thank you
Old October 31, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Its hard to suggest a kit because I've always just bought the parts individually. I would definetley recommend checking out a guide to watercooling to make sure you set up the loop correctly. And from experience my best bit of advice would be to make sure you plan out what you want to do. just google search a watercooling guide, and look at pictures of other people's systems to get a sense of the layout.
Old October 31, 2011, 04:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Out of the three kits XSPC would be the best choice. Unless internal mounting is an issue, then Koolance might prove a better option. Thermaltake is complete rubbish. The downside of the XSPC kit is the pump, but you can purchase a variation of the kit from Dazmode which includes a better pump. Depending on your budget it might not be an option, but it's better to start off with a good pump.
Old October 31, 2011, 05:43 PM
Rookie

Internal mounting ain't an issue.. i got a thermaltake level 10 gt case.. Should be huge enough right?

And I was looking through the kits today and realized that all i really need is a pump and VGA block. And I am currently on a tight budget so I might go for the XSPC 750 reservoir/pump and EK radeon 6970 Block. WIll get Feser Non Conductive Coolant. What brand of tubes work great? Red or black tubings are preferred 'cause my rig is black and red themed. Feser? danger den? Primochill?
Old October 31, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

pump i'd go with laing D5 vario

distilled water and silver coil

jaetot328 you didn't say where your located?

Last edited by KaptCrunch; November 1, 2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old November 1, 2011, 02:15 AM
Rookie

I'm living on Los Angeles, California. Is it possible to use 2 pumps on 1 system? Like I'm on a tight budget right now and am clearly going for the XSPC 750 Reservor/Pump. Once I'm done with stuff that I gotta pay (school, phone, internet, etc.) I'm planning on getting the swiftech mcp655. Is it possible to do such thing? If so is it a good idea? And what tubes guys? I can't decide and i dont know what brand works best :(
Old November 9, 2011, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The thermaltake Kit you wanted to use it actually pretty good. That being said I have only used mine for about 2 hours thus far. The GPU block you wanted I tried but did not fit my 6970 but it looks amazing even not on my card. Good luck with your build