Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 12:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok Thanks! I am about ready to start ordering my parts. I think I have everything selected quite well. I would like to order from in Canada so I will be getting most everything from Dazmode.

Any recommendations on any parts. Ones to specifically shoot for or one's specifically not to get? Thanks.

Does anyone have any input regarding drive bay reservoirs vs those cylindrical ones? I like the look and price of the cylindrical ones but I really really like the space efficiency of the drive bay reservoirs.
Old November 1, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Does anyone have any input regarding drive bay reservoirs vs those cylindrical ones? I like the look and price of the cylindrical ones but I really really like the space efficiency of the drive bay reservoirs.
You nailed it. That is the dilemma everybody have to deal with. I like cylindrical reservoirs a little betetr, but mounting can be pain...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 1, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Why do you like the cylindrical ones better? Is it because of the ease of maintenance/fillin/draining? Or simply aesthetics? Or price? Or all of the above haha.
Old November 1, 2011, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Why do you like the cylindrical ones better? Is it because of the ease of maintenance/fillin/draining? Or simply aesthetics? Or price? Or all of the above haha.
Easy to bleed, fill, add liquid. I also like how it glows inside next to mobo, and it doesn't look taht bad when liquid level drops, but i don't have time for maintenance procedre....
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 3, 2011, 04:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

after dealing with my first bay res, if at all possible I WILL NEVER GET ONE AGAIN.

don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with quality, or efficiency or looks. that all sold me on the bay res, especially ones with pumps built in. on the other hand the 18 hour painful learning experience of trying to bleed the sucker, makes me feel like I die a little inside each time I think about it.

just my 2 cents
Old November 3, 2011, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

LOL 18 hour bleeding learning experience?!?@?! Sorry but that makes me laugh. Why in the world did it take you 18 hours? And what is bleeding? getting all the air out? of the system?

I am just very limited for space. If it buy a bay res I will have room for <<fan<<shroud<<radiator(up to 50mm)<<shroud<<fan type of setup. If I go with a tube reservoir it will take away room from that setup. However I could possibly mount the tube/pump at the rear of the powersupply if it is a short one.