Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2011, 09:06 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Corsair H100 or TT Big Water 760 Plus?

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to water cooling here.. so please bear with me..
I am building a new PC with Level 10 GT as the case, and I am looking for a liquid cooling system to cool my 2600k which I will run overclocked 4.5Ghz 24/7 ,would the TT Big Water 760 Plus be enough for this?

As I am planning to use a water cooled graphic card in the future, an open loop cooling system would do better so that I can connect it to the graphic card later on.

I have heard about the H100 a lot, but I can't seem to find any convincing reviews about the Big Water 760 Plus.. Most of them are talking about older versions of Big Water..
Please let me know of ur opinions

As always, thanks for the help guys!

P.S. : I live in Perth, Western Australia.. So my choices are pretty much narrowed down to Corsair or Thermaltake for now.
Old October 26, 2011, 09:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

100% no questions asked get the Corsair 100. Its a sealed no maintaince system that will give great performance (Developed in part with a Candian company Coolit).
They are much better quality than TT, and although both are going to be a royal PITA to install they are well worth the troubles.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for that, Then what should I do if I need to cool my graphic card in the future?
Old October 26, 2011, 10:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfx View Post
Thanks for that, Then what should I do if I need to cool my graphic card in the future?
If you're honestly aiming at doing that in the future (I missed that part in your original post, sorry) I would suggest a custom loop. Thats the best way to expand cooling options.

Don't use a TT for that either, and obviously the H100 can't be expanded on.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ok, Thank you ST!!
I guess for now I'll just get a H100, then when I get 1 of the water cooled kepler graphic card next year, I'll make a custom loop, and shift the H100 to my older Rig..
Thank you!
Old October 26, 2011, 10:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfx View Post
Ok, Thank you ST!!
I guess for now I'll just get a H100, then when I get 1 of the water cooled kepler graphic card next year, I'll make a custom loop, and shift the H100 to my older Rig..
Thank you!
No problem, glad I could help.

When you are ready to make a custom loop, just start a thread here again and link some of the Hardware sites you have access too and we will gladly help you design one.

Good luck,

ST

Old October 26, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey that's pretty helpful for me too because those are exactly my plans as well :D. Although aren't the kepler vid cards supposed to be a smaller chip and produce less heat then the current cards?
Old October 26, 2011, 11:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Hey that's pretty helpful for me too because those are exactly my plans as well :D. Although aren't the kepler vid cards supposed to be a smaller chip and produce less heat then the current cards?
Yes they will run cooler. But like anything new there are too many unknowns to their performance.
And people in search of the ultimate cooling will still WC things.

-ST

Old October 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wow that's really cool of u ST!! Thanks!! XD Will definitely come back here to ask for the custom loop =D
Old October 26, 2011, 06:42 PM
MVP
F@H

If you live in a hot climate, the ambient temps will limit you regardless of how you cool your goodies. Running an H100 or a high end air cooler will give you good results.

GPUs run hot, period. If you are worried about the GPU, there are good aftermarket air coolers that can help you out. I used an Accelero on my 5970 and got great results. For $50, you won't get better bang for the buck.

WORK KANG: Silverstone SG03 | EVGA x58 Micro w/ 920 @ 4.2Ghz | Sapphire 5970 | 12GB Dominator DDR3-2000 | 240GB Revodrive X2 | SilverStone ST650F
MINI KANG: BitFenix Prodigy | Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX w/ 2600K @ 4.5Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1866 | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | Corsair AX650
KANGZILLA: Custom MM Ascension | SR-2 | 2x X5650 | 2x SilverStone ST1000F | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | 15x 120mm rads | Under construction...