Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Corsair H100 or TT Big Water 760 Plus? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/47646-corsair-h100-tt-big-water-760-plus.html)

siegfx October 26, 2011 10:06 AM

Corsair H100 or TT Big Water 760 Plus?

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to water cooling here.. so please bear with me..
I am building a new PC with Level 10 GT as the case, and I am looking for a liquid cooling system to cool my 2600k which I will run overclocked 4.5Ghz 24/7 ,would the TT Big Water 760 Plus be enough for this?

As I am planning to use a water cooled graphic card in the future, an open loop cooling system would do better so that I can connect it to the graphic card later on.

I have heard about the H100 a lot, but I can't seem to find any convincing reviews about the Big Water 760 Plus.. Most of them are talking about older versions of Big Water..
Please let me know of ur opinions :biggrin:

As always, thanks for the help guys!

P.S. : I live in Perth, Western Australia.. So my choices are pretty much narrowed down to Corsair or Thermaltake for now.

Soultribunal October 26, 2011 10:57 AM

100% no questions asked get the Corsair 100. Its a sealed no maintaince system that will give great performance (Developed in part with a Candian company Coolit).
They are much better quality than TT, and although both are going to be a royal PITA to install they are well worth the troubles.

-ST

siegfx October 26, 2011 10:59 AM

Thanks for that, Then what should I do if I need to cool my graphic card in the future?

Soultribunal October 26, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegfx (Post 561417)
Thanks for that, Then what should I do if I need to cool my graphic card in the future?

If you're honestly aiming at doing that in the future (I missed that part in your original post, sorry) I would suggest a custom loop. Thats the best way to expand cooling options.

Don't use a TT for that either, and obviously the H100 can't be expanded on.

-ST

siegfx October 26, 2011 11:14 AM

Ok, Thank you ST!!
I guess for now I'll just get a H100, then when I get 1 of the water cooled kepler graphic card next year, I'll make a custom loop, and shift the H100 to my older Rig..
Thank you!

Soultribunal October 26, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegfx (Post 561426)
Ok, Thank you ST!!
I guess for now I'll just get a H100, then when I get 1 of the water cooled kepler graphic card next year, I'll make a custom loop, and shift the H100 to my older Rig..
Thank you!

No problem, glad I could help.

When you are ready to make a custom loop, just start a thread here again and link some of the Hardware sites you have access too and we will gladly help you design one.

Good luck,

ST

Pabz0r545 October 26, 2011 12:44 PM

Hey that's pretty helpful for me too because those are exactly my plans as well :D. Although aren't the kepler vid cards supposed to be a smaller chip and produce less heat then the current cards?

Soultribunal October 26, 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 561472)
Hey that's pretty helpful for me too because those are exactly my plans as well :D. Although aren't the kepler vid cards supposed to be a smaller chip and produce less heat then the current cards?

Yes they will run cooler. But like anything new there are too many unknowns to their performance.
And people in search of the ultimate cooling will still WC things.

-ST

siegfx October 26, 2011 07:30 PM

Wow that's really cool of u ST!! Thanks!! XD Will definitely come back here to ask for the custom loop =D

Liu Kang October 26, 2011 07:42 PM

If you live in a hot climate, the ambient temps will limit you regardless of how you cool your goodies. Running an H100 or a high end air cooler will give you good results.

GPUs run hot, period. If you are worried about the GPU, there are good aftermarket air coolers that can help you out. I used an Accelero on my 5970 and got great results. For $50, you won't get better bang for the buck.