Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2011, 09:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

As unlocked, highly overclockable processors have gradually made their way into lower price points, closed loop water coolers have become all the rage. Several companies have entered the fray but none has been quite repeated Corsair's success, particularly after teaming up with CoolIT. Their latest creation -the H100- is the first closed loop liquid cooler to be equipped with a high performance dual bay radiator and it could post some impressive results.

Read more here: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
Old October 12, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Surprised the charts don't contain some more air comparisons - particularly the stock Tntel heatsink! Always a good benchmark comparison

certainly impressive numbers, though. a head more then the H80, in I think a justifiable manner.
Old October 13, 2011, 07:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Got my H100 back this morning from an RMA, and found that the fan controller unit on top of the pump was broken. It doesn't stay on. I have to say I'm really starting to get annoyed with Corsair and their quality control. I've had to do 4 RMA's for their Hydro Series units, wow I'm gonna have to RMA this one. Ughhhh. I just want a unit that works!!!!!!

Last edited by Flemminr; October 13, 2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old October 13, 2011, 08:50 AM
MVP

My System Specs

A lot of people are having issues with both H80 and H100 (mainly the H100) over at the Corsair Forums. I really want to get a H100 but after they iron out the kinks.

Last edited by Smoothie; October 13, 2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old October 13, 2011, 09:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemminr View Post
Got my H100 back this morning from an RMA, and found that the fan controller unit on top of the pump was broken. It doesn't stay on. I have to say I'm really starting to get annoyed with Corsair and their quality control. I've had to do 4 RMA's for their Hydro Series units, wow I'm gonna have to RMA this one. Ughhhh. I just want a unit that works!!!!!!

Hopefully this one works out. I saw the list before you edited it, were any of those possibly bad shipping?
I had one H70 unit like that...looked like someone threw it across a room before it came to me.

However its not acceptable if you've personally gone through 4, which sucks. I know many people have had great success with them so far. I guess teething problems with two companies parterned together.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 13, 2011, 10:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Hopefully this one works out. I saw the list before you edited it, were any of those possibly bad shipping?
I had one H70 unit like that...looked like someone threw it across a room before it came to me.

However its not acceptable if you've personally gone through 4, which sucks. I know many people have had great success with them so far. I guess teething problems with two companies parterned together.

-ST
My second H60, the one with massive radiator damage and was leaking, had a bit of damage to the box, but nothing that I would have suspected would have caused the damage that was done to it.

As for my H100, I found the problem. One of the plastic clips that holds the fan control unit onto the pump head was broken hence why it wouldn't stay in place. I've managed to fix it with some hot glue, but I'm still considering RMA'ing it for one that isn't half broken.
Old October 13, 2011, 10:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemminr View Post
My second H60, the one with massive radiator damage and was leaking, had a bit of damage to the box, but nothing that I would have suspected would have caused the damage that was done to it.

As for my H100, I found the problem. One of the plastic clips that holds the fan control unit onto the pump head was broken hence why it wouldn't stay in place. I've managed to fix it with some hot glue, but I'm still considering RMA'ing it for one that isn't half broken.

I would, don't be satisfied till you get the issue resolved to perfection.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 13, 2011, 12:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I will say, Corsair's QC has been pretty poor as of late, but when their products work, they work really well.

I've been using the H100 for quite some time now, and it does a great job of cooling my rig, but I swear the fan controller doesn't work with my Gentle Typhoons, but haven't bothered to really check by trying the stock fans and see if all is well. Other than that, it's a solid cooler.
Old October 13, 2011, 03:50 PM
Banned

nice review, wonder if this means the CM 690 Advanced II will have more room to house it then the original just barely squeekin in there.
Old October 13, 2011, 04:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
I will say, Corsair's QC has been pretty poor as of late, but when their products work, they work really well.

I've been using the H100 for quite some time now, and it does a great job of cooling my rig, but I swear the fan controller doesn't work with my Gentle Typhoons, but haven't bothered to really check by trying the stock fans and see if all is well. Other than that, it's a solid cooler.
Yeah its probably teething pain from the co-operation with Coolit.
I know there were inital problems with Corsair and Asetek when it first started but it got ironed out very quick.
Hopefully it improves over time.

ST